BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Hello, with pics!

Tags
pics
2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Ronnie 
#1 ·
Just a quick hello, been on the forum a little while and thought i had better introduce myself.
My name is Rob and i have had several BMWs over the years, current car is a 2001 E46 330ci M-Sport Manual in Cosmos Black. Only got it in August this year and am spending most weekends making sure everything is spot on and is as OEM as possible.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bmw Coupé
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Bmw
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Alloy wheel

Got my 1st BMW in the early 1990s. a Black E30 325i Sport manual fully converted to Hartge H26 spec (engine, suspension, Exhaust etc), sold it to my brother-in-law in 1996 and it has been unused in his garage seen 1998!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Sedan
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Automotive parking light

Followed by:
E34 535i SE Auto
E30 325i Touring manual
E36 328i coupe auto - sadly this was written off in August this year. The insurance payout and sale of the parts almost paid for the 330.

I have had quite a few different cars over the years but always seem to come back to a BMW in the end!

See less See more
#6 ·
Mainly just sorting out all the normal failing parts, RTABS, tierods, Front wishbone bushes etc. to get it in top condition, removed a rather large Halfords flip out DVD player which came with the car and looked horrendous. I will look at removing the miles of cabling that is currently running arount the car from a previous ice install. I have had the MV1s refurbed (twice in 2 months, after my local tyre fitters managed to damage 3 of them when i had a set of tyres fitted 2 weeks after they were first refurbed!) Just had Thermostat, Water pump, Belts, Front and rear brake pads and front brake discs delivered so should be fitting them this weekend.
Just looking to spend money on improving rather than modifying it at the moment.

#9 ·
Great intro!

Welcome to the forum!!!

Loving the E30!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.