BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Hello people

770 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  campioni06 
#1 ·
Finally getting round to getting myself a BMW :) . Had Audi's and loads of VW Golf's but now it's got to be an E46 compact, they're lovely cars. With a budget of only about £6-£7k I know its prob going to be an 02/03 reg. Seen some at Car-Giant with about80k on the clock, worth buying or should I avoid?
Cheers, hope to getting one soon.

#3 ·
Hi

Well 80k isn't anything to be too concerned about if the car has been well looked after with a FSH but even with that you still wont know if the 80k has been thrashed or not.:confused

Having recently bought an E46 saloon and had a keen eye on mileage / age / prices I would say you could pick up a compact with much lower mileage than that of 80k on MY 02/03

#5 ·
Yeah I've seen ones with lower mileage, some in the 20-30k mark but strangely that makes me suspicious that theyve either been clocked or never been driven coz theyre always being repaired. At least with 60k on I know theyve been used. Maybe I'm just wierd like that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.