BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

hello new member

7K views 95 replies 16 participants last post by  craigledden 
#1 ·
Hi, i'm new around here. Just joined up as i just got my second car, a lovely X6.

It is however a company car that i have for a short time.

My car that i own is a V10TDi Altitude touareg.

Had the X6 for a couple of weeks now and slowly i'm comparing it to my Treg.

There are differences, but i am bias;)

#4 ·
Welcome letmeout. :thumbsup

Hope you find the forum interesting! :)

I like the Tregs, its much better suited to be a 4x4 than its Q7 brother for instance. I'm not dead keen on the X6, I think it's a bit ugly and vulgar.

I suppose my mind <just possibly> could be changed after driving one though.

#7 ·
I'm not dead keen on the X6, I think it's a bit ugly and vulgar.

I suppose my mind <just possibly> could be changed after driving one though.
I wasn't keen and am really still getting used to the idea. it wasn't my choice to have an X6. its just the company has some sort of 'arrangment' with bmw and i got lumbered.

i think it looks like a posh upmarket hummer that our american friensd use.

#8 ·
a bloke i work with got his done at AMD. i know its a monster anyway but now its a freak!! it wasnt cheap though, they do a basic one for about 500 quid and then a full on custom one for a grand:jaw-dropping
it did give him an extra 50 brake and 90lb/ft though, not that its lacking in the first place. It is scarily quick for what it is.

#21 ·
Well well well, it comes to something when other forums find the neccesity to browse and play on another to get their kicks.

All I can say is your forum obviously isn't that good:frown

I'm an admirer of all well built cars and I believe the Germans are extremely talented in what they do. To me it doesn't matter if it's an Audi, VW or Skoda.

I chose BMW but I still had to modify it to my liking but I think I would have to the do the same to every make of car.

I'd love to play some more but I have a forum to assist.

Welcome aboard:rofl

#23 ·
Ours is miles better than yours. And BTW, Skoda isn't German, its from the Czech Republic. So it would help if you knew what a German car was! :lol

It's viewable on VWAudi forum :rofl

Well done guys :lol

And yes, BMW's like VW,Audi and Seat have faults, like the 08 Seat Leon TDi PD Cupra that has DPF problems every 5 minutes, and not even a update in software can fix it :sarcastic
Some manufacturers have more than most *cough* BMW.

Did I hit a nerve?

#48 ·
so what do you do for the spare, is it kept in the sunken base of the boot or slung underneath and gets dirty. i'm thinking the bigger alloy maybe harder to house. I appreciate the overall circumfrence / diameter maybe the same but on the other hand, 20" is a big step up from what would have been standard fit.

#49 ·
The 225/30 20 is actually smaller in circumference than the 235/35 19 used for 19" ryms:D

What's a spare wheel:confused

The stereo was fitted so that I had music to listen to whilst I wave to all the audi/vw drivers as they pass me by on the side of the motorway:lol

#50 ·
The 225/30 20 is actually smaller in circumference than the 235/35 19 used for 19" ryms:D

What's a spare wheel:confused

The stereo was fitted so that I had music to listen to whilst I wave to all the audi/vw drivers as they pass me by on the side of the motorway:lol

As their cars pass you whilst you're stopped in the hard shoulder you mean? :p

I'll have to applaud you for that one if thats what you meant! :p

#64 ·
I see not only did you buy the wrong car your incapable of reading as well.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.