BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

hello - just got first BM

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  racingshed 
#1 ·
Hello - just got my first BM - by accident i suppose - got offered it as part of a deal against another car. Never really been into BM's but the deal was right so i got it. Its an N reg 318Ti compact - in blue - needs bits and bobs tidying but generaly looks the part. i'll get some photos up as soon as photbucket gets itself sorted and allows me back on!!

#6 ·
not being a footy fan at ant level, that will be removed forthwith lol - if the weather is any nicer tomorow i'm gona tidy the inside up a bit and see what needs replaceing/reparing across the car to see if its worth it or wether it'lll be a donor for other things

#8 ·
i've ordered a window scraper specialy lol

the car shouldnt have anything majorly wrong - it passed mot on 28th nov only needing a tyre and a brake pipe then the imobiliser has packed in, hence i got it proper cheap. bodywork and interior both require an amount of tlc, but might be worth tidying a little and running for a while.

#9 ·
Nearly got one too!

Just browsing the threads and saw this post.
I'm going to collect my first BM at the weekend a 318ise saloon 1999T. It appears to be in fantastic condition and i'll get some pics up asap.
Really looking forward to it. Thought i'd better join you guys on here as forums are a cracking place to gather info. I've got a few quid spare and fancied treating myself to some wheels. I've been looking at mv1's or 2's. I was looking at 18's but read on another site that they don't fit as standard i.e your need to roll the arches? Anyone got any ideas?

#10 ·
Just browsing the threads and saw this post.
I'm going to collect my first BM at the weekend a 318ise saloon 1999T. It appears to be in fantastic condition and i'll get some pics up asap.
Really looking forward to it. Thought i'd better join you guys on here as forums are a cracking place to gather info. I've got a few quid spare and fancied treating myself to some wheels. I've been looking at mv1's or 2's. I was looking at 18's but read on another site that they don't fit as standard i.e your need to roll the arches? Anyone got any ideas?
Regardless of what wheel you choose you run the risk of having to roll the arches. I would advise you have it done for peace of mind:thumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.