Hi BMW forum,
Im James and am at my wits end with my Z3 2.8 1997.
Its not starting its turning over no problem but not igniting. I will tell you the problems.
1. Under load it would occasionally lose power but regain it quick as if i had taken the foot off accelerator. This happened very recently and about three times. on the journey home it stalled but started ok.
2. I was told it could be throttle position sensor. so replaced this.
3. Next time i started i noticed it was a bit hesitant in starting, drove to the petrol station hoping things would be ok but its was the same.
4. Came home parked up, now it wont start. Had a mecahnic look at it on a computer diagnossis machine and it couldnt log in to the car.
5. my friend asked if i put diesel in ?? Now im worried i did, but this wouldnt of been the cause for the loss in power in the first instance.
Please please help im starting to lose interest in the car. oh and by the way not too technical please lol im a mechanical numpty.