635d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Hello all,

My name is Theo. Just bought my second BMW, a 635d, which I'm very pleased with. However, I'm very disappointed with the MPG so far and think there may be an issue affecting it. BMW claim 30 around town, but even when driving very conservatively I'm struggling to get 19/20mpg. I know manufacturers tend to overestimate but this seems very low. Since getting the car 3 months ago I've done about 2000 miles and my average is 27mpg, which is mostly around town with some motorway stuff in there. Ive had a 118d before and this was getting 47 around town, so 20 is terrible. Previous to this i had an Alfa 159 1.9 diesel and when i first got it it was doing only 27 around town. Turned out the thermostat was jammed open and as soon as this was fixed the mpg went up to about 38 around town, so I'm wondering if there is something similar going on here.

Anyone's thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Bhavik's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330i M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    I'm sure BMW massively exaggerate their MPG ratings. I have a 330i and I get no where near what they say in their spec. I'm getting around 25mpg combined. If I do solid urban around London I get about 22mpg. The most I've had on the motorway is around 33mpg on a long run. I have a look on Fuelly.com to see what other 635d owners are getting.