Hello, everyone, here's a pathetic man beaten by insurance... - Page 4

Notices

Thread: Hello, everyone, here's a pathetic man beaten by insurance...

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    M333 JDF's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E36 316
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    i suppose its worth it then, ill look into it. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Unknownsoldier's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330Ci Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2001 (51)
    Transmission Type:
    SMG
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe/Convertable
    Thanks
    The 316i if you get the 1997+ E36's are pretty fast with a bit of tinkering (I know mine used to shift plenty ).

Stick with it and your premiums will come down, I'm 24 and my premiums are still hideously high.... my renewal last week quoted me 1015 with 2 years NCB!!!!!!!!! Managed to get them down to 800 though... Insurance is a pig, but we all have to live with it :-) My father keeps rubbing my nose in it that his insurance is pennies compared to mine! (Git! ;-) LOL)

Tom
    I am not an old git........................

Dmc
    BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Dmc's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Dont get me wrong, i enjoy driving and i occasionally go out for a fast drive , but its usually by myself on country roads etc. What im going to say is that in general, yeah, your mates maybe give you a run for your money in terms of straight line speed, but thing is they need to drive fast to get any attention.

In a beemer you just have to drive

And your comment about there being so few RWD cars going about, i have thought that also. Although if you ask me, the best things are always the rarest. All these muggles dont know what they're missing out on lol.

IMO The coolest cars on the road arent the ones who drive the fastest anyway, they are the ones who behave and dont go looking for races or sit revving their engine apart in car parks. Thats for the boys in their JDM ricer cars. My i.s. isnt the fastest in a straight line either mate, ill be the first to admit that - but at the end of the day, im in a beemer, and they're not

Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,425 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sucker2 View Post
    Hi, my name is Sean, I'm a car nut, not a boy racer, I'm into all sorts of machineries, but I don't know much about any...

And my car, coz I'm 19, which is a miserable age... many thanks to our respectable insurers, I was forced to move about using an e36 316i, although I was dying for the brilliant engine in the 318is... still, my premium was way more expensive than my car, as Mr Insurance was pretty sure that my car will become history and end up in a recycle box any minute this year...

I chose Beemer plainly for its balanced rear wheel drive chassis(something to shout about), I enjoy every trip with my beemer, even the engine is a bit let down. In fact when i was choosing my first car, I was so stuck with this RWD thing, I even decided if I cannot get a set of wheels with the busy end behind me, I would take my shoes as a form of transport, or go to anywhere on my hands and knees, if necessary...

Cheers!
    Hi and welcome mate

Being 19 has its good bits and bad bits!!

I sitll remember those days well

Plus sides - Your only 19

Minus - insurance costs a packet

now when you hit 25 or 30 and your insurance suddenly goes down ... thats all good and well, but you will wish you were 19 again

I certainly do anyway!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234