BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Hello from BMW E38 750i 2000

656 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Joe9087 
#1 ·
Hi
I am new to this forum, after having spent hours browsing trying to locate valuable information, I have came accross this site to be the most pro-active one.
Well, two weeks ago, I picked myself up 750i v12, which looks fab, but drives poor. After having it checked, there have been a few niggles that require fixing, which I have highlighted below.
Also, I would appreciate to hear anyone with similar problems and answers to the key issues.
Soon I will be posting some pics and will keep you all posted with development.

Here is my list of problems and fixes to happen:!

1. kickdown = double kickdown a few seconds later
  2. rear coil spribg broken
  3. front bushes damaged
  4. wobble at speeds over 50mph - through steering and car
  5. advised emmisions hose split?
  6. advised coolant pulley requires replacement
  7. advised cooloant sensor required

Well the above is a list of things I need to do to get the car up and running the way it should. Next steps will be to work on the power. Having spoken to DMS, they have advised that I can chip the car to take it to 370hp! Thats not a bad start. I think I will end up spending a lot of money on the car!

Any advice and tips will be really appreciated!

See less See more
#2 ·
welcome mate any pics? thats quite an increase from a n/a remap!

#3 ·
Welcome Shaan. I know diddly about the 7 series (I have a 6) but here's some ideas that might help:

kickdown = double kickdown a few seconds later . If like the 6 this is electronic so could be pricy. There is a control module somewhere?
rear coil spribg broken Replace the lot with Eibach or equivalent?
front bushes damaged Replace
wobble at speeds over 50mph - through steering and car Steering geometry probably (assuming you've checked the tyres!). Start with wheel balance.
advised emmisions hose split? Replace
advised coolant pulley requires replacement Ditto
advised cooloant sensor required Ditto

Have a look on RealOEM for the location. Quarry motors on here may have parts of sources thereof>?

#6 ·
Thx

Thankyou all for the great feedback and welcome.
I have carried out all wheel balances and they have been balanced. Have reD about the track arms being replaced and bushes for what is a new term to me known an shimmy. I have the car booked with birds Uk in uxbridge and hopefully should b in safe hands.
As for the springs I was considering replacing the standard springs but as someone has mentioned poly bush and eibach springs, then the idea sounds pretty tempting.
Going back to the double kick down, well that sounds a mystery to me. Could be the gearbox oil needs replacing or ecu update; will know more next week.

Thanks again and for giving some good advice!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.