Model of Car:
    850I
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    AUTO
    Car Body Type:
    COUPE

Thanks
    Hi my name is Frank I have owned a few 928s and always loved the 8 series from a distance. After watching the price of this world class GT Coupe fall even lower then the 928 I could no longer resist...I fell to the grace of a 1991 850i Auto Black on light tan..She was a second owner car grew up in Hollwood then moved to Scottsdale were it was stabled in 2005 with a 122,000 clicks and a power window, lock, interior light and sunroof problem..Sooo I brought her home changed the oil and filter flushed the coolant system put 5 gallons of 91 octane and a can of seafoam in the tank and started her up. SHUT IT OFF!! that was a bad noise! Ok power steering fuild will help with that noise fill up canister start car bad noise gone. Let the car run and come to running temp after about an hour of running my buddie Mark says it runs but does the trany work? Lets drive it! Normally I would do a full inspection of the brake system on a car I just got before driving but hey you only die once so around the block we go! The car is a little grumpy about being woke up after such a long slumber but soon as it sees open road she comes alive blowing out the cobb webs. As I come around the last street I put the car in mannual and run it through the gears as I approach 80mph I let up and the car lets me know that the tires are shit and that she would require much more TLC if I wanted to play at speeds over 55mph..As I pull her back into her stall she is not happy spitting power steering fluid and coolant, its christmas and everyone is on the nuaghty list! And then to top it off a fuel leak. So at this point I have changed oil/flter, air filters, removed and replaced all rubber lines and clamps in power steering system flushed fluid/new filter, replaced all rubber fuel lines and clamps at tank including fuel sender gaskets and new fuel filters, four new Goodyear Eagle tires and incabin filters. Pulling radiator today for rebuild, I can already see this is going to be a hate to love relationship but when I drive this car it lets me know it is an ultimate driving machine and worthy of the attention required for the experiance....

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Joe9087's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320ci M-Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,701 Times in 2,156 Posts
    Welcome to the forum Frank

Start a project thread in the Members Projects section.

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    bmw my bitch's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    z4 3.0i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertible
    Thanks
    Welcome and what a great introduction