BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Greetings from overseas!

Tags
overseas
1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  rumpleforeskin 
#1 ·
Found this site to be way more helpful while browsing the few posts I could find and figured I'd join what seems to be a pretty cool place with very insightful members.

I came over from bimmerforums.com and i'm sure as some of you who are also part of that community know, it's becoming very "un-technical" and more of a social site. Nothing wrong with that, but I also like a more technical forum as well.

Anyway, enough of the drama-backgound:embarrassed

I'm from Long Island, NY (USA) although originally from Mexico (I feel like a nomad).

Currently I'm driving an '94 E36 cabrio. It's a 325 with a few bolt-on mods. Ever since I drove my first BMW (another E36) I've been in love with BMWs. My father is a mechanic and I'm often hanging around the shop so I get to get my hands dirty from time to time and get to drive quite a few cars and to be honest, nothing compares to a BMW. They may not be the fastest stock, or lightly modified but I think there's more to them. It's the way they deliver both the power and driving experience that always puts a smile on my face when I'm behind the wheel in one with my foot to the floor :)

My cabrio is pretty much done, maybe long-tube headers and a tune and different chip later on. This is my grocery getter and fun-mobile. I haven't taken it to an autocross event yet, but hopefully this year will be my first of many. I don't plan on doing much to the car because although it may not be "fast" by many people's standards it's fast enough and most importantly fun enough for me. My next project is an E30 coupe with an S52b32 swap with some boost. That will be a slow project to work on as I'm back in school at the moment and getting married in a few months.

Mods on the E36:
Cosmetic: Smoked tails, corners, & markers | De-Badged Boot | HID Ellipsoids | HID Fogs | Style 68s | 20mm H&R Spacers | E46 M3 Boot Lip | Hardtop | M-Side Molding | Matched Bumpers | Skirts | M-Tech Steering Wheel

Performance: Slotted & Drilled Rotors | Braided Brake Lines | aFe Intake | Magnaflow Cats | Rogue cat-back | Turner Chip | UUC Underdrive Pullies | UUC Front & Rear Swaybars | UUC/SACHS Stage 3 Suspension | AA Front Strut Bar | Nitto Invos | 3.15lsd

Here are a few pictures of my car. Soon to change as it's getting a bit of a refresh. Going to get the windows lightly tinted soon and currently refinishing the next set of wheels to go on.... Style 23 Contours refinished in white :cool

Comments and Criticism are always welcome :)

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome to the forum matey :thumbsup

#7 ·
WOW
Good effort :thumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.