Year of Manufacture:
    2004/54
    Transmission Type:
    Fully Manual!
    Car Body Type:
    Coupé
    Thanks
    Hello everybody!

Not bought the car yet as I will be viewing/test driving it at the weekend, but if I don't buy this particular one I will probably buy the same model somewhere else. However, I have a strong feeling I will be driving back in it, so fingers crossed.

It's a 2004 645Ci with manual transmission (which is what I want!!) and I am very much looking forward to it.

I love the look of that model and all the reviews I've read seem to confirm it's the sort of vehicle that can keep me entrhalled for the next few years.

What can I expect? Will it break the bank?

Many would say buying a a big V8 in the middle of a recession is a folly, but heck, you only live once...

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Bimmeress's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    645Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    2004/54
    Transmission Type:
    Fully Manual!
    Car Body Type:
    Coupé
    Thanks
    Well, after various postponements and delays, I finally bought the car last Monday.

I have now driven over 400 miles in it and absolutely love it.

This car is truly superb and handles magnificently. It really is incredibly agile for its size, and I suspect the assisted steering doing all that work in the background is the reason for this. I also find it surprisingly easy to park.

In short, this car gives me the perfect balance of elegance, comfort and sheer raw power.

Thirsty? Yes, but then you'd expect that from a big V8. However, on the motorway I managed to average over 27 mpg in sixth gear, and I wasn't driving slowly. So for what it is perhaps it isn't that thirsty after all.

A warning about the manual gearbox. Last year I test drove a 335i Coupe with full manual transmission, and I found that gearbox very easy to use. Not so with this one. The manual gearbox on the 645 Ci is much more involved, probably because there is no split second delay before the turbo kicks in; what you are reining in (or unleashing, as the case may be) is a much more powerful beast in its natural, raw state. I can well understand why most people opt for the automatic alternatives: given the massive power generated by the V8 engine, they probably feel they don't need to trouble themselves with the stick. However, I have this to say: if you choose to remain a purist and apply yourself, as I've done, the manual gearbox is immensely rewarding once you master it.

All in all, I am very happy with my choice of car.

rm1
    Dr of BMW
    Car Details
    rm1's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    nice motor and well done for sticking with the manual shift its more fun and less likely to go wrong all that torque and you want have to change too often if your feeling lazy.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    smuler's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325 Ci Coupe
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    27 mpg is very impressive. if I'm ever in Essex, I will ask for driving lessons.

Enjoy, and you're right two fingers up to the recession.