BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

got a bmw 320i convertable blue 1996, 234k

632 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  adrenalin 
#1 · (Edited)
I got a german car again couldnt really refuse it was too cheap, well i thought anyway alough a risk. I have had a few golfs and audi before too and members of a few forums

It just shows i think these cars car still feel good and not to leggy after big milage
It is a 320i met blue

what I liked is it had full bmw history last service 4k ago. The dealer wanted to move it on as was a px and i got there first.
I am hoping it wont need work, it had lots done on last mots and had no advisories on last.

I like it alough clutch is stiff on these but nice to have a cab just need some sun. Just need to sort the bonnet laquer and driver elec window. Has odd scab on arch where crud built up under it, dunno why people dont clear it off :mad i got heaps out of arch lips was crazy :jaw-dropping not as if it is hard to keep wet dirt out of them :sarcastic. I thought these sold well even for spares and has alright cream leather and winddeflector etc.

Cant really tell done milage it has, feel a bit rattely but cabs are anyway, it done 234k gulps all by one owner. Looks like has had a load of tarck rod end and few other bits last mot. gearbox feel ok alough slightly loose and 2nd is a bit tighter but feel fine overall for milage, no dodgy bangs knocks wobbles, alough do occasionly but think it is scuttle shake.

thanks for reading lol oh and hi :D

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome to bimmerforums...:) Your local too :D

We have a got a bunch of members on here with 200k plus, its EXCELLENT!!

How much did you pay if you dont mind me asking? and PICS are a must :cool :cool

#5 ·
not much which is why I bought as sure the parts would be more than what i paid anyway but I bought it as am a bit tight on funds and wanted a bmw cab. let say three figure number for the moment :D It is slighly leggy but has done a fair amount of miles I must sauy I was surprised thought it would be knacard but dont feel like has done that much miles.
I'll have to get pics soon, needs a bonnet respray as laquer is a mess but still blue

I am not looking forward to petrol costs, wanted a diesel tdi car really but oh well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.