Good evening all, im new, feel honoured to be here, and very very excited about it !

Notices

Thread: Good evening all, im new, feel honoured to be here, and very very excited about it !

Reply to Thread
  1. Good evening all, im new, feel honoured to be here, and very very excited about it ! 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    DirtyBoost's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    touring

Thanks
    Well, thought id better introduce myself propperly, have just brought myself (well, the wife) an E90 touring 320D completely on a whim, the short story is i see it on a forecourt friday for sale and the wife needed a car, called the wife and she drove it and i brought it there and then, collected it today and i got to drive it, the 320 tourer diesel is awesome, i cant believe the torque, the handling, everything..superb! sadly due to hungover careless valeters the car has to go back in wednesday

sadly i wont get to drive it often as my daily is a T5 sportline, but that dont stop me hankering to get some staggered alloys on it and drop it well in the weeds very soon.

service costs are a worry, so if anyones got some advice on that id love to hear about it, my concern is the 15000 miles between the last 3 services its ad, i know these engines like to lunch turbos so im gona have the oil done every 8000, and the light reset.

the cars done 50k miles, what other problems should i be looking out for?

im also looking at buying myself one now, i have a couple of old fords (capri and mk2 cortina) these will soon be sold, but as you can prob tell im no stranger to RWD and hanging the back out

Im looking at a very nice low miles F plate 525i tourer on wednesday thats been very very dropped on genuine M6 alloys, so hopefully il have one as a toy soon that can accomodate all my carping gear.

well, thats me for now.

G

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyBoost View Post
    Well, thought id better introduce myself propperly, have just brought myself (well, the wife) an E90 touring 320D completely on a whim, the short story is i see it on a forecourt friday for sale and the wife needed a car, called the wife and she drove it and i brought it there and then, collected it today and i got to drive it, the 320 tourer diesel is awesome, i cant believe the torque, the handling, everything..superb! sadly due to hungover careless valeters the car has to go back in wednesday

sadly i wont get to drive it often as my daily is a T5 sportline, but that dont stop me hankering to get some staggered alloys on it and drop it well in the weeds very soon.

service costs are a worry, so if anyones got some advice on that id love to hear about it, my concern is the 15000 miles between the last 3 services its ad, i know these engines like to lunch turbos so im gona have the oil done every 8000, and the light reset.

the cars done 50k miles, what other problems should i be looking out for?

im also looking at buying myself one now, i have a couple of old fords (capri and mk2 cortina) these will soon be sold, but as you can prob tell im no stranger to RWD and hanging the back out

Im looking at a very nice low miles F plate 525i tourer on wednesday thats been very very dropped on genuine M6 alloys, so hopefully il have one as a toy soon that can accomodate all my carping gear.

well, thats me for now.

G

Hi and welcome to the forum

Its good to have you aboard

it sounds like a good buy!

What year is the car and we can then offer some advice as to reliability and if the turbo is a 'lunchable' one!

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,052 Times in 5,322 Posts
    Hi and welcome to the forum DirtyBoost, great intro there and good to have you with us

You got any pics of the old Fords? http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/...ures-or-t2682/

changing the oil and filter more regularly is a sound idea , also cleaning out the EGR valve and the oil breather is a good idea, the 2006 320d has a variable vane turbo so it will wear out eventually

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    DirtyBoost's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    touring

Thanks
    Thanks for the welcomes

mines a 55 plate with 50k miles on... its had 3 services...lunchable turbos...now im worried