Friendly hello and introduction to a new BMW owner.

Notices

Thread: Friendly hello and introduction to a new BMW owner.

Reply to Thread
  1. Friendly hello and introduction to a new BMW owner. 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    DazRave's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    3-Series 330 Ci M-Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Hi guys,

I've been a member of quite a few car enthusiast websites in the past but I've never really bothered to post in the welcome sections! I usually get stuck straight into the general chats.

I've just purchased my very first BMW which i'm excited to be picking up tomorrow night.

It's a facelift E46 3-Series 330 Ci M-Sport Coupe in Silver with the black suede interior. (oh, and in none other then manual of course!)

Question: (although i guess this should really be in the other forum area)
    The car had a drop on the drivers side just short of one inch compared to other side. I had a long check list gathered from this forum and others of what to look out for... so measuring the drop the car had on both sides helped.

The car salesman hadn't noticed this (not many people would unless you used a tape measure as i did!) and he's put the car in for an MOT as well as getting the garage to have a look at that side. We both suspected it to be perhaps the shocks which he's getting repaired at no cost to myself.

So i am armed with some intelligence once i get the word back of what the problem is.... IS this a case of it just being the shock or are there any other possible common things it might also be?

Thanks in advance anyway!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    ragtop steve's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E60 530D & F07 535D GT
    Year of Manufacture:
    2006 & 2012
    Transmission Type:
    manual & Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon & Hatchback
    Thanks
    Hi Daz

Welcome to the Zone,,,,

I think you will find that the e46 sits kinda lop sided on one side any way so i was told. But if your getting new shocks i would look at getting the other side done as well.....

I fitted coilovers to my 330i and leveled it out, took a while cos they were up and down trying to get the car to sit right....

BMW its an addiction, Its a drug

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ragtop steve For This Useful Post:

DazRave (04-06-2013)

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    DazRave's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    3-Series 330 Ci M-Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Thank's for the welcome Steve.

Yes, after doing some research when i got back home, i found a lot of places stating they lean to one side, but it was just short of an inch which i found quite extreme compared to most cases i found online stating just few mm.

The car dealership's taking the brunt of the cost to look into and fix any issues (if they exist) with all receipts saved too. I'd like to sit it on coilovers eventually myself so i wasn't massively concerned about replacing them all, but i will call him later and see if he'll be replacing at least the both backs.