Hey all,

Just wanted to say hi. I've lived in Poland for the past 2 years (previously in Australia for 26+). Decided to buy a car to go travelling and bought my first BMW. She's a pretty stock 1996 318i Saloon, but after a week of ownership, I'm already seeing why people love their Beamers.

My last cars were both V8s, a 5.7L and a 6.0L (Holden Monaro & Commodore SS - for the English here, the Vauxhall Monaro and Vauxhall Monaro VXR8), so it certainly takes time to get used to a smaller car, but it's so much fun to drive, it's so light and quick, I'm already a huge fan.

The car already has angel eyes installed, and an unfortunate boot spoiler which I don't like (will remove it as quick as I can). It has a factory power sunroof which is in great shape and an interior in good shape (a few nicks on the seats) with no squeaks on the dashboard. Aside from a 3rd party muffler (which actually sounds ok), it's pretty much factory. It needs a good machine polish to revive the paint, but the body is rust free which was important to me, and the motor is solid.

Looking forward to reading through the forums and learning all about my new toy I got some smoked tail lights to match the angel eyes as the stock ones were a bit faded, and I like both ends to match, will install those on the weekend.

Here is a pic on the day I picked it up.