BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

First post - First BM

1K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  swaynie 
#1 ·
Hi all

First post here :thumbsup

Just made a sort of impulse buy on a 58 plate 335i M Coupe Auto - my first BM and my first Auto :confused

I have a varied past car collection from RS cosworths , Subaru STi, Lotus Exige amongst others , my last car a R32 Golf

Recent increased business mileage had left me craving for a bit more comfort while not wanting to lose the performance, came close to getting an RS4 or an M3 but the recent increase in fuel prices made put me off , if I could have found a decent 335d I would prob have given that a go ,but an unplanned walk in to my local stealer, i found a very nice low mileage and well spec'd petrol 335i

I collect it on Friday, not really sure what to expect - especially the auto box which I'm nervous about, still trying to get my head around all the bits of kit on it Idrive etc.. No iPod function though - which I want to sort out

Standby for loads of stupid Q's

Phil G

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys

I thought I would follow up my first post now I have my 335i in my garage

Not really done many miles yet due to work and family commitments, but a couple of work trips this week should give me time to get a better feel for it.

Overall my 335i feels a much better class of car than my previous cars - more grown up as one of my mates stated

Compared to the Golf R32 I traded, it has better fuel economy (so far), and feels much much more solid

My car has the 19" wheels and has run flats fitted, which appears to make the car pretty twitchy, need to do a bit more miles to get a feel for the handling

Have done a bit of reseach on the audio options for speaker upgrades and adding iPod functionality, as a temp fix I have burned a handful of MP3 CDs for the disc changer, will do some more digging before I part with some cash and start pulling the interior apart.

Expect some silly questions from me in the forums while I get my head around what I have bought

Will post a piccys later

Phil G

#9 ·
Welcome to the forum....

Nice impulse buy....:hihi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.