320ci se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robs E46 vert View Post
    At the moment im enjoying my car however i do have a few things i need to fix.

Wheel relignement,
    Sort out rust patch on passengers side,
    Sort out ariel,
    Sort out passengers side front window
    and sort out front bumper.

Sounds alot but not really that big of a list. other than that just keep it standard what about you?
    That's minor at least she's running ok right? Also I think a lot and I mean a lot of cars have minor issues as long as the engines healthy I'm happy to sort out minor issues on my car in time but I'm now servicing it tomorrow not today so hopefully after that I can get that spray job done at a garage near me I don't know if you read but a previous owner has attempted to spray a small patch bellow the rear side window them selves but after that I can start buying stuff for it like black grill, angel eyes, lip spoiler, and just the odd bit I'm NOT making it look chavvy as said above by that other person e.g with a huge exhaust and body kit etc I just want it looking fresh rather than any persons bmw as it does look slightly family style atm lol

BMW 320CI, black badges, black grill and remapped

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Robs E46 vert's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    BMW
    Year of Manufacture:
    BMW
    Transmission Type:
    BMW
    Car Body Type:
    BMW

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trower View Post
    That's minor at least she's running ok right? Also I think a lot and I mean a lot of cars have minor issues as long as the engines healthy I'm happy to sort out minor issues on my car in time but I'm now servicing it tomorrow not today so hopefully after that I can get that spray job done at a garage near me I don't know if you read but a previous owner has attempted to spray a small patch bellow the rear side window them selves but after that I can start buying stuff for it like black grill, angel eyes, lip spoiler, and just the odd bit I'm NOT making it look chavvy as said above by that other person e.g with a huge exhaust and body kit etc I just want it looking fresh rather than any persons bmw as it does look slightly family style atm lol
    Yeah the engine is running sweet as a nut mate, Personally iv had a chavvy car, limo black windows, high exhaust and modded to m3 style it was my old E36 318is coupe and i regretted it mate it was abit of fun but looking back i trashed it. This car had a few lights changed and i have now got them back to standard im gonna keep this one as standard as possible that way it will hold its value more and its gonna cost me less money so i can spend my money on keeping it running nicely and keeping it on the road.

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Trower's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320ci se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    I would say that's probably the best idea mate it would definitely keep the value up, correct me if I'm wrong but I think a convertible bmw needs to look how it comes out the factory anyway and a coupe like mine is nicer with a few upgrades obviously to a certain extent but if I had a convertible I would probably just leave it as it is like you say, what are your views on a remap?

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    BMW
    Year of Manufacture:
    BMW
    Transmission Type:
    BMW
    Car Body Type:
    BMW

Thanks
    Ok 2 questions

1) yes i agree mate convertables look nicer standard and cleaned like glossy and smooth paintwork. Coupes you can get away with doing more like changing the lighting, installing window tints and ummm different alloys on also maybe lowering it thats about it on them aswell lol.

2) remaps, depends mate on what stage of remap you have done? where you get it done? what your expecting to get in the results?......

Remaps can be good but.... if you go to some joe blogs you can ruin the car, if you go to a high one like stage 2 or 3 you need extra cool air so people have an extra intercooler fitted, bigger brakes fitted to cope with the speed and also usually have more points on there licence.

My old zafira gsi had a stage 2 remap they fitted an aftermarket intercooler with all the wrong fittings. they went to someone who didnt give them a receipt it was a mate of a mate to the previous owner. I will tell you something when that shifted that shifted, it left bmws, merc and jags standing but it was to fast i ended up stripping most of the aftermarket bits out and replacing them with standard parts. people say you get better mpg but tbh i couldnt and still cant see much difference. but the main question is why do you want a remap? to make your car go faster? get better mpg? to brag about? everyones got there reasons. oh and also check your insurance because thats classed as a mod so it will also put your insurance up. Im not having a dig fella just saying my point of view on remaps.

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Trower's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320ci se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Haha no I fully understand and I have never been to keen on them to be honest, there seems to be a lot of people out there that do it I have never had it done on any of my cars and if I was to I would have a serious look into it and see what the best place is to get it done, I have thought about it but I'm a bit worried about how the car would take to it being faster etc it would probably be fine but like you say if I went to the wrong place it would be a nightmare if something went wrong I mean is it really worth it, the reason I would get one is for the mpg, I heard it makes it a lot smoother, I suppose if you got it done properly it could actually help your car out being smoother there for less harsh on the parts

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    BMW
    Year of Manufacture:
    BMW
    Transmission Type:
    BMW
    Car Body Type:
    BMW

Thanks
    smoother?? honestly mate save your cash spend it on something worth while and just take abit of time getting used to where the biting point is, Once you master that it will be a smooth ride anyway.

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    BMW
    Year of Manufacture:
    BMW
    Transmission Type:
    BMW
    Car Body Type:
    BMW

Thanks
    You will think im off my tree but honestly, treat your car to one of these, they allow your car to breathe easier and allow more air into the engine. I put one in my astra mk5 sri turbo 200+ and you can feel the difference. Costs £36 about 5 mins to fit thats just one of the things it make your car run smoother. Pipercross air filter BMW E46 All Petrol Models | eBay

Also regular services, Did you say your going to get an oil change soon? wait till you have had that done mate again you will feel a difference if you use decent stuff. trust me, all this shit about remaps is crazy, the way i look at it if you get a remap done its just something else to go wrong and something extra for your car insurance company to drool over. also if cars where ment to have it done surely they would come out the factory remapped :/

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Trower's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320ci se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    I am a good driver lol i can change gear smoothly I meant it pulls better and can remove flat spots which my car does slightly have at around 3.5k revs but basically that kind of smoothness I do admit at first coming from a 106 I was a bit rusty don't know if you have driven one but the difference is unbelievable I had a vw golf before that was really smooth kind of like these bmw's that was years ago though but I have only just got the car so I still have got a bit of getting used to it, also the replies and views this thread has had lol wonder if the views will get over the thousand mark

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    BMW
    Year of Manufacture:
    BMW
    Transmission Type:
    BMW
    Car Body Type:
    BMW

Thanks
    Thats just my personal opipion tho mate i believe a well serviced car is a better drive than a car thats had more money and mods spent on it. Also i know what you mean about the replies, Have you seen my thread? no ones commented on it haha. you win some you loose some lol

Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast