BMW
    Year of Manufacture:
    BMW
    Transmission Type:
    BMW
    Car Body Type:
    BMW

Thanks
    Are the M Sports as good as they make out tho or is just like any other 3odd litre car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    goldbcfc's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Z4
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    roadster
    Thanks
    Only difference is sports bodykit,seats,interior and sports suspension

I think 325 and 330 came with sports suspension standard but if you had 318 and 320 it had to be upgraded on the options list

I had a 318ci SE to begin with and whilst it had m-sport seats it was not even close the bodyroll was awfull the standard steering wheel was horrible now when i look back alot bigger and thinner as soon as i test drove a few m-sports after the difference was huge it just felt so right and actually i bought the 330ci m-sport whilst still having the 318ci SE then when taking the new owner out in in before he bought it i couldnt believe i used to drive it and was so happy to see the back of it even though i loved it the difference in how they feel makes the SE feel so far away from a performance car bit like probably like comparing one of those ford focus ST's and then jumping in the fake one with all the same bodykit and 18's but its just standard and drives pants or like comparing a standard SE golf with a GTI the standard car is OK but thats it just OK not Excellent

Most people will say i like my SE model but if both cars were the same price new after driving both they would want the sports model as it is a performance car and no comparison really i would never buy a SE model again but you learn from your mistakes

E46 coupe 318ci ,E46 convertible 330ci,E46 coupe 325ci ,E85 Z4R 3.0i,E46 coupe 330ci,E85 Z4R 2.2i,E46 convertible 318ci,E85 Z4R 2.5si

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Robs E46 vert's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    BMW
    Year of Manufacture:
    BMW
    Transmission Type:
    BMW
    Car Body Type:
    BMW

Thanks
    I do know what your saying my first bmw was a 1999 bmw E36 318is coupe that was ok but nothing special, my car now is a 2001 bmw E46 325ci and the difference is unreal. It feels and drives better than the 318is but that i was trying to say sorry i didnt explain myself really. I take it you have the 330 and iv got the 325 now would we find the M3 something special or is it like ours but just abit bigger engine? I know there is a heap of difference between the 318is and the 325ci but what about the 325/330 and the M3?

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    goldbcfc's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Z4
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    roadster
    Thanks
    Im no M3 guru but its very clear M3 isnt just a bigger engine its a proper track bread performance car the 330 is good but if you can afford 13mpg and m3 parts with more servicing than a normal e46 theres no comparison really but after months of debating the switch for a posibble 3rd bmw theres no way now i will get one just doesnt make sense when i can just buy a E92 335i or 335d even though the M3 has track heritage unless petrol and parts are free its a no brainer to stay away from such a money pit

Bit like comparing a focus ST with RS both are good but the RS is in another league

Just to let u know the 325 is only about 40 bhp less doing about 2 mpg more but whenever my smart arse mate always comments how theres nothing in it between his and my 330 when both have been tested against each other lets say hes nowhere to be seen from both stand still and rolling starts in 2nd or 3rd gear he cant even give me a little cmpetition my manual 330 accelerates so quick compared with his stupid auto 325 i think he just gives up to be honest as it gets embarrasing and mines heavier being a convertible and dont let me get started on that stupid sport button he has that dont help for nothing...lol

E46 coupe 318ci ,E46 convertible 330ci,E46 coupe 325ci ,E85 Z4R 3.0i,E46 coupe 330ci,E85 Z4R 2.2i,E46 convertible 318ci,E85 Z4R 2.5si

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Trower's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320ci se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goldbcfc View Post
    You should have definatley bought a M-sport instead of SE model maybe nextime ay?
    I'm not to fussed really mate it's my first bmw so Im really happy with it and I saw that one with low miles and it wasn't to expensive so I thought id have it but yer when I'm done with this il try get a 330ci clubsport I really like them

BMW 320CI, black badges, black grill and remapped

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Robs E46 vert's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    BMW
    Year of Manufacture:
    BMW
    Transmission Type:
    BMW
    Car Body Type:
    BMW

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goldbcfc View Post
    Im no M3 guru but its very clear M3 isnt just a bigger engine its a proper track bread performance car the 330 is good but if you can afford 13mpg and m3 parts with more servicing than a normal e46 theres no comparison really but after months of debating the switch for a posibble 3rd bmw theres no way now i will get one just doesnt make sense when i can just buy a E92 335i or 335d even though the M3 has track heritage unless petrol and parts are free its a no brainer to stay away from such a money pit

Bit like comparing a focus ST with RS both are good but the RS is in another league

Just to let u know the 325 is only about 40 bhp less doing about 2 mpg more but whenever my smart arse mate always comments how theres nothing in it between his and my 330 when both have been tested against each other lets say hes nowhere to be seen from both stand still and rolling starts in 2nd or 3rd gear he cant even give me a little cmpetition my manual 330 accelerates so quick compared with his stupid auto 325 i think he just gives up to be honest as it gets embarrasing and mines heavier being a convertible and dont let me get started on that stupid sport button he has that dont help for nothing...lol

Mine doesnt have a sports button. please dont say that lol i was debating between the 330 and 325 aswell, I didnt think there would be much in a 0.5 litres

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    goldbcfc's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Z4
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    roadster
    Thanks
    i made sure when changing from 318 to a newer one i looked at all the figures first thats when i realised the mpg was only 2 less than 325 and like i said earlier if u have a auto 325 the manual 330 will still return better mpg anyway so it seemed a no brainer really to get the best one available there was only a £10 differnce per month on insurance i think 325 is group 16 330 coupe is group 17 and 330 vert group 18.

Trust me that extra 40 bhp makes a whole lot of difference

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    goldbcfc's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Z4
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    roadster
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trower View Post
    I'm not to fussed really mate it's my first bmw so Im really happy with it and I saw that one with low miles and it wasn't to expensive so I thought id have it but yer when I'm done with this il try get a 330ci clubsport I really like them
    Fairplay i was actually the same with my 1st at the time i couldnt see the point in paying £1000 extra for what just looked like nicer bumpers but after driving both i wished id driven both before buying at the time i got a good deal and was happy just like u it also leaves space for you to grow and move up 330 or M3 are the only way forward IMO i actually bought my 330 so cheap i still had the 318 on the drive for 4 weeks untill it sold and it sold for £500 less than i paid for the 330 so for extra £500 i went from a slow ass 318 with half leather m sport seats and mv1 alloys to a truely dream car 330 softop with plenty of power full electric leather seats,satnav,tv,dvd,mv1 alloys and lets not forget the m-sport package which if parked next to my other e46 just made it look so wrong and the m-sport how all e46's should have left the factory so it turned out great in the end for £500 more no regrets

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Trower's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320ci se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Listen I'm not stupid if I could of insured a m3 I most definitely would of done with no hesitation before even test driving them but my insurance company would only insure me on a 320 and I want to stay with them because I already payed the deposit and switched it straight over from my old car and didn't have the money for cancellation and another deposit it almost sounds like your trying to put me off this car I have just got it I'm only 21 it's my first bmw iv been driving a 106 and I love this car, if I come on this forum and I had a 330 or an m3 I wouldn't go onto someone else's thread and start saying they should not of brought that car and say bad things about them I would feel out of order putting someone down like that specially after saving money up like I did everyone is in different situation in life and maybe couldn't get the car they really want for one reason or another I suggest you think before talking rubbish, you seemed alright at first but you go on two of my threads and give me a lecture how I should of got the higher litre one, I'm perfectly happy with what I have thanks

BMW 320CI, black badges, black grill and remapped

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    goldbcfc's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Z4
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    roadster
    Thanks
    Ok your 21 sorry didnt clock all the shit cars youve had before sounds like yet another chav just got his hands on a bimmer i was doing you a faver the other day with those cheap parts you did say your budget was tight so i will leave it there

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast