BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

First Bmw, Have a look

Tags
22K views 361 replies 12 participants last post by  Trower 
#1 ·
Hi people I just got my first BMW it's a 320ci E46 2001 (51) she has 57k on and in black and before that I had a 106 gti there fun but it's such a big difference I wish I got a bmw ages ago coming from a little rattle box to a smooth hard pulling car has also made me appreciate these bmw's so much more, basically if anyone could give me any tips and tricks that would be brilliant, I have added a few pictures below so check it out and see what you think

Attachments

See less See more
#211 ·
Well no shit if u think we didnt consider insurance, hell if it werent for insurance id probably be sittin in a lamborghini aventador

And u might wana update the little knowledge u got mate theres over a second difference between a subaru and evo (8) fq360 and if u cant feel the difference in that u must be retarded

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#213 ·
The black bits do look nice, How hard are the chrome bits to replace? Iv never noticed it before but mines got the same aswell, maybe its an E46 thing cuz my E36 were black im sure they were. Then again it sticks out like a sore thumb on yours mate cuz your car is black and mines silver. I did have a think about your car fella, What did you do with your old kidney grills? If you still got them have you thought about carbon fiber on the front end? 1 A4 sheet should do one mate about 99p off Ebay if you dont like it just take it back off. upto you just an idea.

#215 ·
Haha iv made you start thinking about it now but no they do come black on some bmw's I think and I might give that ago actually because if all fails it doesn't matter and it's cheap to do also your cars a vert so does the window trim go all the way around the windows like mine or is it just along the doors?

#217 ·
Funny you say that mate I found a thread on here the other day I think it's an e63 or something and he's got a video link in the thread of it being started up he said it's been remapped and de restricted and now does 210 he also said he's had 170 out of it she sounds amazing though

#219 ·
See i wouldnt mess about with it, I would just keep it standard. Iv just got an insurance quote on a 2005 E60, you can pick them up for about £6000-£7000. for me to insure a E60 530 (3Litre) is £789.99 a year fully comp + all the trimmings + £0 excess. thats with Swiftcover, the only thing i didnt tick was breakdown cover in Europe because i dont ever got that far im covered for everything else. Atm i paid £650 a year for the same as i got quoted on the E60 thats shocking, coming to think about it i think its the same to insure or as close as the same between a E46 330 and a E60 530

#225 ·
Just realised you would still get the years no claims if you stay with the same company but swap the car over and it will be like 30 quid to swap over, if your changing company's definitely wait till the years up or cancellation is a nightmare

#227 ·
Product Car Vehicle Electronics Personal luxury car
That's alright then, I'm thinking of moving my air con control bit down to the compartment above the ashtray one then get a full screen in maybe blanked off slightly either side but how hard do you reckon it would be and do you reckon the air con bit would slot straight into the other bit? Got a picture here of what mine basically looks like now

#229 ·
I dunno about that mate I think if it was it would have to be from bmw because obviously it would need the right plugs in the back of it for you to wire it up and that would be a hefty amount of money I think I might just rip it all out at the weekend and see what the crack is, hopefully it slots straight in then I can buy a case that will go where the heating and sterio was with two little blank bits either side to make the hole smaller and get one of those screens because I have a sub and amp waiting to go in but can't because of the standard head unit

#233 ·
Yer see that's how I want mine, not to shore weather it's worth doing and just getting a flip out screen so I don't have to remove stuff, I need to have a look at some point and see how easy it easy to swap around

#241 ·
My mate has one they do go in properly but I know what you mean though it does look slightly tacky in a bmw and they are around the 150 mark so if I do get one it's probably worth just putting an extra 50 to 80 quid in

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.