BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

First bm finally bought one

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Scoob1doo1 
#1 ·
Hi my names Dean

Well been looking for months now on what to change from my Scooby, was always going to get a BM but so many to choose from.
Decided on a diesel, as I wanted I little better mpg then 17-21 my Subaru was giving me.

Right 4wd are very good in the snow for setting off, but you slide, skid and can't stop just like any other car. Hence I crashed and it's now a right off, this is how I bought my bimmer.

It's a 530ds auto 51 plate and as a high spec, all standard with 18's. It's total different in every way compared to the scoob. No rattles no bangs over bumps even though it's a sport.

All in all I'm very pleased with it, just was expecting abit better then 32.8mpg on A-B plus abit of motorway on the 70 trip home, and now it's at 27.9.
Still better then the scoob.

As for speed it's not bad very smooth but just pulls and pulls, and in all fair nus it's not much slower.

Will had pics later but at work and using the iPhone

See less See more
#9 ·
The BM's not bad at alll mate, my scoob was a my00 uk so only had 214bhp. Had a power run befor remap and was only 200bhp-240.8 after. But at motorway speeds I can't tell.
It don't feel as fast, if you have driven a scoob(classic) lots of shove. But shaped some thin like a brick tends to have an affect with high speed.

No rattles even though it getting old, and them heated seats this morning.

#8 ·
welcome to the forum mate :) not sure what a 530d shud be on mpg but my 318is can range from 15 mpg to 25 mpg, would have expected a 530d to be better than ~30mpg

#12 ·
Well... I bet your going to miss that manual gearbox!!! Welcome to the forum mate!!! :thumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.