328ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Morning all.

bought this little gem earlier in the week, due to being more interested in bikes for most of my life i never bothered with cars, that has now changed!

everything is standard but the last owner found the backbox to be hiding a big rusty hole, so did he replace it? yes, with a chuffing great magnaflow exhaust, its ok but its a bit too loud for my liking, think itll be swapped for a new quieter performance exhaust.

found a few problems so far, i knew there would be some, the guy bought it for 1800 6 months ago, and sold it to me for 900, after changing the air filter and the mass air sensor it runs like a dream (when i picked it up it ran like a 1.1, i was worried to say the least!), also had to replace the headlight bulb and there is an interior door trim that needs replacing. the last major thing i noticed is the reversing sensor, when i hit reverse it just holds a long tone for 5-6 seconds then stops, and doesn't work at all, i checked the fuses but they are fine, located the unit for it in the boot but cant tell whats failing, the sensors themselves or the unit.

other than that the only other thing i have to do is get the steering wheel trim off because its a bit worn and needs a new lease of life, and the gear knob has the same problem.

Will more than likely be on here asking bone questions about useless stuff a lot of the time, so be patient

Aaron.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    ragtop steve's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E60 530D & F07 535D GT
    Year of Manufacture:
    2006 & 2012
    Transmission Type:
    manual & Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon & Hatchback
    Thanks
    Hi Aaron, and welcome to the forum. as for the car, we all started some whare when it came to BMW ownership

BMW its an addiction, Its a drug

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    y2keable's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318ci SE 2.0
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Images
    Thanks
    Hey bud.

Any chance you could make a sound recording of the exhaust, maybe on your phone's video camera and send it my way? So long as its not over the top (something a chav may like to put on his saxo) and it dosen't pop and bang, I may be interested in taking it off your hands, perhaps even work out a way of swapping it for my standard box.

Cheers
    Jay

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    the_scatman's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    yeah no worries ill see what i can do, camera on my phone is broke though, might take a while.

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    y2keable's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318ci SE 2.0
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Images
    Thanks
    Cool. Send me an email when youre done

jayson@jk-photo.co.uk

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    the_scatman's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    bad news i think mate... its starting to grow on me... lol.

After i have changed the mass air sensor, the spark plugs, the air filter, and the engine is starting to run how it should, the exhaust in turn has started to give a better sound as well. im not sure if its just grown on me over the past week but im sure something has changed.

Bit of a tech question for the guys on here. when starting from cold in the mornings it wouldn't fire up for a while, since changing the mass air sensor and air filter it now fires up but dies just as fast, this was happening about 7 times before it fired up and ran perfectly. i thought the spark plugs might be nackered after the air/petrol ratio was shite, so i changed them, now it fires up on the first then dies, but on the second its like the car has no problems at all. theres no engine lights or any warning lights.

before i go forking out on new ignition coils and HT leads does anyone have any suggestions to try? i think im going to whack some of that red injection cleaner into the petrol today, just to be safe. but it sounds like an electrical problem.

cheers guys!