335i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto with paddle shift
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Hello all.

Well after many years I have bought my first BMW.
    I've always wanted one but somehow never got round to it. Mainly I've had Vauxhalls ("grooooaaan" I hear you all say....!) and my last car was a Civic Type R GT. A bonkers car but I got sick of it because. It. Was. SO. Stiff!!!

So - I've treated myself to a 335i coupe. I love it!! I've had "Carla" two weeks and adore it! I was looking at E46 M3's but went for this over it because it isn't that much slower but seemed a lot easier to live with. It's the auto with the steering wheel paddle shift.

She's nice and tidy - even more so now I've got my cleaning OCD hands on her! Next steps will be changing little bits and bobs subtly - but that's about it. She's by far the fastest car I've ever had (Type R - forget it!) so no performance stuff planned.....

So - a very happy man.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    MATT R's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    335i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto with paddle shift
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    hinegd's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318ci ES
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Very nice! I am working towards the E46 M3 you just can't beat the noise it makes! I used to work for BMW and have driven many including the M3 & M5 but I left before your model came out so no idea what its like but looks good.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    MATT R's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    335i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto with paddle shift
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hinegd View Post
    Very nice! I am working towards the E46 M3 you just can't beat the noise it makes! I used to work for BMW and have driven many including the M3 & M5 but I left before your model came out so no idea what its like but looks good.

Thanks! I drove a couple of E46 M3's. Personally I think it's one of the best looking BMW's ever. The sound is incredible. Thing is I wanted a car with an auto option as the traffic round here is awful, but I found the SMG a little jerky. Great once on the move - and I was told you get used to it - but this is an auto with steering wheel paddles so you can just easily mosey round in auto - or put it to either auto sport or manual - the exhaust flaps open up then and it sounds mega. Not as raspy as the M3 but still makes an incredible noise and the rasp is still there!! I love it. It's proper quick! It monsters my old 58 type r.
    Good luck with working your way to E46 M3. Awesome car. For a couple of days I wondered if I should still have got one - but I've got very attached to mine now