Ex E30 bloke new to Bimmerforums - near Newmarket, own a 1996 E36 convertible

Notices

Thread: Ex E30 bloke new to Bimmerforums - near Newmarket, own a 1996 E36 convertible

Reply to Thread
  1. Ex E30 bloke new to Bimmerforums - near Newmarket, own a 1996 E36 convertible 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    150997's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible

Thanks
    hi there

my name is rich, i've had loads of E30's previously and i'm "boxclever1753" on the E30Zone forum. i've had an E36 328iSE saloon before and loved it but fancied a convertible after finding my brother one last year.

i bought my solid and surprisingly good nick 1996 P plate 320i convertible with 12 months MOT and 6 months tax last month for £500. i agreed £1000 on eBay and when i went to collect it the car had problems the guy forgot to list on the ad so i got some cash off - it had no rear window, the semi auto hood didn't work and the car ran really badly. i knew it was probably the AFM or a split hose (had same thing on previous BM) so we negotiated hard and i walked away with a bargain!

found a second hand window for £20 and got a local trimmer to stitch and bond it in for £30. bought the AFM for £15 online and fitted it and car runs like a dream.

the best thing is i searched on this forum for info on hood problems and found the youtube link to a video guide to reset the roof and BINGO, my hood now works perfectly!

next thing is fit the arm rest and centre console i picked up for a few quid but i have tried to fit it twice now and can't get it in.. will now search for that too.. unless someone knows of a good how to guide??

i'll be seeing ya

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    TheEnd's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,990 Times in 2,440 Posts
    Cabrio armrests are a different shape, the transmission tunnel flares up a bit at the back so you may need to cut a bit off the bottom to get it to sit right.