First post, looking for some advice!!
I am thinking about having an engine re-map which, with my limited understanding, appears to suggest that for, in the region of £300, I can get a re-map that will provide me slightly better MPG and also increased BHP.
I have some concerns.......
1) Are they actually effective or is it just a con? After all, you cant actually see that anything has been done as far as I can tell!!
2) Does the added power put any undue pressure or strain on other mechanical parts that could become damaged over time?
3) Can they be detected for warranty/ insurance purposes?
4) Is £300 about the right price?
5) What documentation, if any, should I recieve if I get it done to prove the works been done?
My car is a 2005 3 Series E46 2.0L Diesel M-Sport Coupe
Any help, advice, suggestions or recomendations you can offer would be a great help