E39 540iA Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto Steptronic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hi all,

I have been told by a regular here that you guys understand real humour! this chap also went on to say i should come on over to Bimmerforums UK and introduce myself and get to know you lot a bit better.

This mystery chap is Ronnie also known by the transatlantic fiends as Tefal.

OK whats my story, i got into bimmers in a big way during my a levels in college, i got to appreciate the engineering excellence that goes into them and the design which is what made BMW the most recognized marque in the world. i worked hard and bought my first E30 325i 4 door when i was 19, it was a great car while it lasted, it was crashed arse end into a roundabout signpost! gotta love that E30 rear end.

I learned from this and within a month bought another E30 this time a 320iSE 2 door. i got really bored with the 130Bhp and atrocious MPG so i bought back my old 325 and stripped it for parts.

Bit by bit rebuilt the 320 into a full 325i sport with a 2.7 stroked engine polished and ported custom made exhaust, the works.
    having a couple of close calls i signed myself up for an advanced driving course and gained some respect for physics!

i had that lovely '89 silver 327iS for 3 years until it was killed by a drunk hit and run driver, after that i had a couple of run around's, 200SX, 205GTi, Vans etc.

Until i managed to get my current pride and joy a E36 '93 K 325iS with 29Kmiles on the clock, 2 owners, FBMWSH, i thought i had to be a mug to pass this up!
    october 2003 i bought it and marveled at the bargain i had, it came ready with 17inch 5 spoke BMW alloys, all the M trim in and out, silver leather and a sports body kit.

Ever since i have been modding and adding and have recently fully rebuilt the engine with forged internals ready for supercharging summer 2009.
    so i joined Bimmer forums to chat to similar petrol headed lunatics like you!!!
    Being open minded is good n' all just be sure your brains don't fall out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davebmw View Post
    Hi all,

I have been told by a regular here that you guys understand real humour! this chap also went on to say i should come on over to Bimmerforums UK and introduce myself and get to know you lot a bit better.

This mystery chap is Ronnie also known by the transatlantic fiends as Tefal.

OK whats my story, i got into bimmers in a big way during my a levels in college, i got to appreciate the engineering excellence that goes into them and the design which is what made BMW the most recognized marque in the world. i worked hard and bought my first E30 325i 4 door when i was 19, it was a great car while it lasted, it was crashed arse end into a roundabout signpost! gotta love that E30 rear end.

I learned from this and within a month bought another E30 this time a 320iSE 2 door. i got really bored with the 130Bhp and atrocious MPG so i bought back my old 325 and stripped it for parts.

Bit by bit rebuilt the 320 into a full 325i sport with a 2.7 stroked engine polished and ported custom made exhaust, the works.
    having a couple of close calls i signed myself up for an advanced driving course and gained some respect for physics!

i had that lovely '89 silver 327iS for 3 years until it was killed by a drunk hit and run driver, after that i had a couple of run around's, 200SX, 205GTi, Vans etc.

Until i managed to get my current pride and joy a E36 '93 K 325iS with 29Kmiles on the clock, 2 owners, FBMWSH, i thought i had to be a mug to pass this up!
    october 2003 i bought it and marveled at the bargain i had, it came ready with 17inch 5 spoke BMW alloys, all the M trim in and out, silver leather and a sports body kit.

Ever since i have been modding and adding and have recently fully rebuilt the engine with forged internals ready for supercharging summer 2009.
    so i joined Bimmer forums to chat to similar petrol headed lunatics like you!!!
    Welcome mate

Your car sounds a real minter
    Glad you found us on BFuk and hope you like our sense of humour

Being serious for a minute, theres some really knowledgable guys who come on here and have given me some very sound advice in the recent past so you should fit in well with us all

Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,426 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Welcome Dave

Sounds like your just the kind of petrol headed BMW fanatic we love around here

Your car does indeed sounds very clean. if you have any pics you want to post feel free to start a thread in the gallery.(project forum)

oh, and welcome to Bfuk'd once again

and cheers for the recco Ronnie

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,051 Times in 5,322 Posts
    Hello Dave, glad u found us ok, Hope it wasn't to much of a long journey!