525D
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Hi,

Just bought the wife a Beemer after her X-Type got written off (a nice chap reversed out of his drive into the side, and tried to blame me)

It is nice car in carbon black, I need to see how we get on with it. It is an Auto and she is not used to those. I did have an issue with the loan car (an auto) not working, it would not go. Turned out haveing 2 pedals, she used her left foot on the brake, that's all it was. We both need to get used to not changing gear

I will tax it in the morning and it will be drawn into service. I need to plan on the weekend for a once over on the car. I have seen comments on EGR valves. I want to change oil, filter, air filter, fuel filter, change the gear oil, check the diff, check the bits people are suggesting need checking (EGR etc). Ordered mats and touch up paint. A few little jobs to do and parts to order.

Our last car was LPG, so this will end up costing more to run. I was told to avoid the 520D due to cam chain problems.

Fingers crossed for a positive experience. My wife is a techno phobe, I look forward to teaching her how to use the Idrive system ;0

Lots of useful info on this site. I look forward to browsing the forum for more info.

Regards Zeb

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    E36Coupe328's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328 + 325
    Year of Manufacture:
    1995 + 1994
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,090 Times in 957 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zebk View Post
    It is nice car in carbon black, I need to see how we get on with it. It is an Auto and she is not used to those. I did have an issue with the loan car (an auto) not working, it would not go. Turned out haveing 2 pedals, she used her left foot on the brake, that's all it was. We both need to get used to not changing gear
    I tend to just put my left foot back near the seat for the first couple of weeks in an auto. having it away from the pedals is all that makes the subconscious difference.

If she had never been in an Auto driving she should have read the handbook or asked. Sitting there foot on accelerator and brake is aboout the worst thing you can do to an auto.

No warranty of any kind implied or given and no liability for any loss, damage or injury, no matter how incurred accepted.

Free Gas Kit* now fitted to free 328*

*Based on ROI period exceeded