diggerpanda's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    man
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Hi all, i have a 320 touring on a 53 plate, six speed and just love it. It ticks all the boxes for me.

I am however considering going for a bigger engine which got me to thinking what my ideal bucket list would be for the perfect car.

So i thought it best to ask you guys and girls which model, variant, style of BMW you thought was the best and why.

Personally i think the 320 is very good value for money, i had a limited budget and picked mine up earlier this year for 3.5k with 95k on the clock, full BMWSH and all the keys plus it had just had a major service and also had 6 months tax so i was pretty pleased. My criteria were probably different to a few other people as i am currently living in western France and needed a comfy motorway cruiser but also something i could put a roof box on and head to the alps for some snowboarding at weekends. Also cruise control and the multi function steering wheel were on my list.

So my list was something like this (barring the usual checks for HPI clear and crash damage)

1. Estate.
    2. Diesel engine(minimum 2 litre).
    3. Full service history.
    4. Cruise control
    5. Multi function steering wheel.
    6. Good fuel economy.
    7. Roof rails (for the top box)
    8. Air con
    9. Below 100k miles

These were the core items on my list and i got lucky and found one for a decent price.
    Having owned the car for 10 months now i am still very happy with it, i have taken it twice to Morzine for the weekend, about 4 hour drive each way, with 4 people in and the roofbox loaded up. Been back to the UK twice, 16 hours journey time each way, and really impressed with the comfort and ease of use. The cruise control is worth every penny when you have 500 miles of boring French countryside to blast through and the air con has coped with the 40+ degree french summer. I did the deflap on the induction system, changed the engine oil and filter and washed and vacced it as needed. No problems to report, fuel economy has been averaging 41-45 mpg and it has started in every kind of weather you can think of. A few small bits of internal trim have broken in the boot area but apart from that its all good
    I cant think why i would ever change to something else, unless you can convince me otherwise, so i would like to hear your stories, good bad or indifferent about your car and what you like or dont like about it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    mjojom's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e61
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    A
    Car Body Type:
    T

Thanks
    i love my e61 530d mate. mapped it has got the kick i need it when overtaking, it has got better on the fuel economy on long runs across europe and it is good compromise power/economy. i would love to go 535d mapped next time but not too sure. to be honest 320 is too small of a car for me, car size and engine size. 4 people + roof box + stuff in the boot, i believe it would be a bit sluggish once power is required and not as comfy when fully loaded?

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    diggerpanda's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    man
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Yeah i know what you are saying but in all honesty without trying to get to my destination in some kind of star trek time warp its really comfortable, economical and stress free. The 5 series is a little too big for me but sometimes i wish i had one just for the power and space.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to diggerpanda For This Useful Post:

mjojom (22-09-2012)