E46 328i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hi all,

Last night picked up my first BMW, this is a 1994 318is in red, done 146k miles, leather interior and s/s exhaust. Surprisingly not loud seeming though its just blowing a bit somewhere. The arches are rusting and got a few dings in places and because its red its fading lovely in area. Hoping to tidy all this up gradually. the other thing is that its got a ticking noise when accelerating which might get annoying but heard it was the speedo cable causing this or something along those lines.

Downsides though, not sure if this is how it is. but only cold air blows through the front vents and hot air onto the screen. Im guessing the cable which controls this on the back of the heater controls have gone, or is it electronic? Will more than likely asking more questions and these in the relevant post sections anyway.

Well as this is my first beemer might as well say about my previous cars. Im more of a renault man myself but fancied a change, a slower car which has a bit more style I guess.

I have owned 3 Renault 5s which were just the bog standard campus'. Then purchased a Renault 5 GT Turbo, I have owned this for coming up to 5 years now. In that time I have gone through 4 other renault 5 gt turbos all in various states, two renault 19 16v, one convertible which I currently own. Also a fiesta (dont ask it was free and it was an inbetween car)

Current collection is a Renault 5 GT Turbo, Renault 5 GT Turbo Raider, Renault 19 16v convertible and this BMW 318is.

My pride and joy is the renault 5 gt turbo and will never get rid of that. Its currenly running a 1.8 16v turbo lump with power of over 250bhp. And when its on the road I do love a chase with the M3s and M5s, most of them dont like me though for some reason

My other renault 5 gt turbo raider is the limited edition model, its a rolling shell and going to put it back to original, this is not an easy task seeming that its 21 years old, but still managing to pick up a lot of new stock for them. My parts collection is getting a bit out of hand really.

Well im sure your getting bored reading all this, thats if you have managed to reach the bottom of my post.

Have attached a picture of the beemer, will get some proper ones once I have cleaned it up.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    xXxStKxXx's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    man
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Thanked 6,073 Times in 4,855 Posts
    Hi Bigfoot 318is,Welcome to Bimmerforums.co.uk..........

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Joe9087's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320ci M-Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,701 Times in 2,156 Posts