bmw e30

Notices

Thread: bmw e30

Reply to Thread
  1. bmw e30 
    Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    don't know whether anyone can help, I'm currently holidaying in prestatyn with family and there are loads of speed humps on the campsite.

As we were were coming home the other day from beach we heard a really load noise that seem to come from under the gear box, it sounded almost like we were dragging tin under the car, the RAC came out and he removed the exhaust sheild and said there was a stone chip trapped between the propshaft and the sheild, once this was removed she seemed fine, we went back into town and it was back, I pulled into a local garage and they removed the sheild again and said that I needed a new propshaft centre mounting they said there was alot of play, the car Is driving fine now without the sheilds, however they said I would need to go to a BMW main dealer for a replacement part is this true and is it costly, strangley enough there is no sign of the mounting, there is scratching on the sheillds. The garage said it would be fine for me to drive back to shropshire which is only an hour.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,052 Times in 5,322 Posts
    You can go to the main dealer for the part or a motor factor may have the part, somewhere like German Swedish and French

Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer122 View Post
    don't know whether anyone can help, I'm currently holidaying in prestatyn with family and there are loads of speed humps on the campsite.

As we were were coming home the other day from beach we heard a really load noise that seem to come from under the gear box, it sounded almost like we were dragging tin under the car, the RAC came out and he removed the exhaust sheild and said there was a stone chip trapped between the propshaft and the sheild, once this was removed she seemed fine, we went back into town and it was back, I pulled into a local garage and they removed the sheild again and said that I needed a new propshaft centre mounting they said there was alot of play, the car Is driving fine now without the sheilds, however they said I would need to go to a BMW main dealer for a replacement part is this true and is it costly, strangley enough there is no sign of the mounting, there is scratching on the sheillds. The garage said it would be fine for me to drive back to shropshire which is only an hour.
    Yeah, you can go to GSF and buy the part.....

Avoid the main dealers is my advice

If you list your model and year of E30 I will post up what parts options you have