BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Bmw 330 msport

Tags
msport
1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  goldbcfc 
#1 ·
What does everyone think? Any tips on upgrades or mods?

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Car looks mint mate doesnt really need any aesthetic modification apart from maybe a few small things, depending on ur taste ;P

Some possible ideas?

- Smoked rear indicators/revers light
- Smoked side indicator
- Gloss/Matt black Kidney Grill
- Carbon fibre look badges

all the above depend on taste, whether u want the stealthy look or conservative look :D, did i mention thats a sweeeeet ride?!

#7 ·
You do not need to do anything to this car other than a tin top. the convertible looks really good with a tin top on. they can be had for under £500 on ebay, and a lot less if you are lucky. black grills and carbon badges look good on the black cars but this is a personal choice, i would definitely keep the old stuff to put back on if you sell. do not put eibachs on!! the convertible already sits low and eibachs will do nothing for your car. the best mod if you want is a set of polycarb arb bushes. they will make the most noticeable mod to your car for the price you will ever need. they sharpen up the turn in no end. you do not need bigger anti roll bars as these bushes will make a massive difference. if you must play with the suspension then get a set of new shocks. bilstein b4s or if you have the cash get some b6's (these are the best for the e46) you will notice your convertible already sits lower at the rear than the normal coupes so lowering it will see you scraping the under side.

and i speak with experience with all of the above.

#8 ·
I agree about the poly arb bushes and might add the brak reactor bushes will be worth replacing with their polyurethane alternative too. As for suspension eibach pro's won't drop the car much at all over the mtec stuff but will give bettter ride and handling.

#10 ·
Yeah mine sits nice at the front now after using the eibach pro springs the convertible deffinately has a slighty higher unsportier front to the coupe

Hardtop isnt important mines 12yrs old and the roof is mint not a crease or stain on it thanks to autoglym roof cleaner and waterproofer and on a nice sunny november day like today its good to not have the hardtop option

#9 ·
my coupe with eibach pro's sits at the same level as my sport. the only difference is the front. it sit a little lower on eibachs. infact on my sport i can just get the trolly jack under the front jcking points but i have to ift the car slightly on the front to do the same. if i have to do the rear wishbone bushes again i will not use powerflex. these have ended up ruining the cars driving feel. i would be getting meyle hd ones in stead. solid rubber is a little less harsh. but then again the sport drives very well on standard bmw wish bone bushes. and they last a long time anyway. i am going to pinch my poly arb bushes off the coupe and put on the sport just to see the difference it makes.

#11 ·
Love this site! Good advice :).... So can you buy the black kidney grills or just paint them myself?? Anyone got any knowledge on the mirror switch not working? They don't adjust or go in(powerfold), it's annoying because Everytime I put it in reverse passenger mirror goes too the deck! Couldn't turn it off as switch seems to be forked. I took the mirror fuse out and now front windows won't go up with one touch! So annoying!

#13 ·
You have to reset the window function

How to reset windows

Black grille £30 black side indicators £15 id leave it there the black rear l.e.d taillights should look stealth but in my opinion draw the back in to much making it look narrower keeping the original tailights widens appearance as you see the white and red part of lens more

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.