Currently a 118d M Sport driver but getting this baby from new and hopefully made by early November. I know - a vert in time for xmas in the far north as well.
Going for the 118d M Sport model with The Black Moonlight top (I think that is the name of the one that comes cw/silver threads that kind of shimmer). I am not certain on the other packages I can afford (below) and was looking for advice.
1. Decided to have the diesel for the running costs - do any owners out there notice the engine noise more since it is a soft top? The petrol model is affordable but is 20 mpg's less so this helps as I do 12k miles a year.
2. What is the cheapest xenon package you can go for? I know it wont be cheaper getting a retro fit xenon lights c/w angel eyes as opposed to manufacturer fitted?
On the standard halogens can the LED eybrow be used as a "day time running light" on it's own - if I can't afford the angel eyes?
3. On the rear lights it states on the brochure they have LED elements as standard - is that the L shaped units below:
or are these ones above only if you select the xenon package? The salesman was helpful - but I forgot to ask all these questions.
4. Was going to go for the storage package where you get cup holders on the centre under the arm rest and a dash board storage area. Is this worth it or can I retro fit just the cup holders?
5. If any of you have the time - what are the must have optional extras with dealer and retro fit costs please ? My oldest son says he prefers the coupe version - but he is'nt having a mid-life crisis like his old-boy
- should I upgrade from 17" to 18" wheels - dealer or retro and what is the best price?
- would additional speakers be better retro (I have pretty good a/v knowledge and was going to put a sub in the boot)?
- is the USB worth the £95 (I think that is what he said) - I have absolutely no idea what that will provide though? Or should I go for a cheap hands free option (bluetooth) - this I know nothing about - but dont really use my phone in car TBH.
- is this the longest OP by a newbie ever?
Sorry guys and gals. Be gentle. Any help appreciated.