Model of Car:
    Oyster Card lol
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Train or Bus

Thanks
    Hi ladies n gents! I've bought en E36 323i in Madeira Violet; 114k miles on the clock, engine is sound, bit tappety at revs but it quietened down with an oil change (nothing as loud as my E34 520i with noisy lifters was!), seems like an exhaust manifold gasket because the engine is almost silent at idle and barely any vibrations at all, Performance wise she revs cleanly up to almost 6000rpm...I haven't pushed it further, I did this when I was buying the car to test it.

Knowing the history of Nikasil engines I was quite wary but this one seems a good one. Viscus fan clutch locks up in traffic nicely making the familiar growling/wooshing noise, coolant and oil levels were all fine and the engine is dry as a bone both at the top and bottom. Gearbox is in good shape and the clutch engages nicely.

She needs a bit of work though...

I removed the boot spoiler as it was peeling and had some bad scratches, on removal there was rust left which I plan to just sand down, primer then touch up + lacquer; it wont look fantastic but it'll do the job.

Need...NEED NEED a new drivers seat. The frame has broken internally and it leans on the right, it;s a manual seat though not an electric one luckily. I moved the seat back and the airbag light came on so the all too common broken wire is present, so I'ma open up the instrument cluster, remove the bulb and then put some electrical tape over the light from the inside. (Thread in WANTED section)

Needs new rear springs, I used bmwVIN to check my car's spec and it left the factory with the M-Tech suspension package so I'll have them replaced sometime in the next few weeks.

Stereo aerial wire plug is broken...seen this on many cars, it appears they make the connectors out of cheese... :\

Paint needs touching up in places, seals need a bit of a clean...but mechanically she's good to go! I'm going to get the cooling system overhauled next month though...there's no leaks and she runs normal temp but just for peace of mind I'm gonna get the waterpump, thermostat and viscous coupling replaced. The radiator looks fine and has no bowing or corrosion.

That's about it really...Here's a few pictures below:

Cheers...!

Harry

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Diamond BFuk Member
    Car Details
    petrolmarty's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530d M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2006 December
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Hi looks tidy enough for year. No bulb is MOT failure I believe.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    silestanix's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Oyster Card lol
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Train or Bus

Thanks
    It's down as an advisory in the last MOT, the previous owner had it re-set...and then I triggered it off when I moved the seat back to test drive it lol D'oh!