Hi all,

Just picked up an E46 320td Sport Compact at the weekend. I'm not a first time BMW owner, I had a 2002 E46 320d SE saloon three or so years ago. Fantastic car that run like a dream over my 27k miles of ownership.

Current car specs are:

- Dark Blue (yet to determine which shade of blue, how do I find my paint code?)
- Sport Full Black Leather interior
- Standard 17" (Style 97) Alloys. 225/45/17 front, 245/40/17 rear
- 2004 '04' plate
- 93300miles (managing circa 14k a year)
- Business Head unit.

I wasn't into the modifying thing with my previous BMW but have recently just sold my mk5 Golf GT TDi. I had that running 180+ bhp with a remap, Milltek, Eiback suspension, Whiteline bushes, etc. Now looking to get similar power (180+bhp) from the BMW. I had a remap from Shark Performance on the Golf, fantastic map, smooth power delivery and not a single issue with it. Anybody used the same company on their diesel BMW?

I've recently found a company in Glasgow/Erskine called EcoTune. Again, has anybody used their remap service or bought their decat or full exhaust system? I'm now realising I will probably have to go for a custom backbox for the Compact as nobody manufatures an off-the-shelf one.

To hike the power I'm planning on a decent service, fresh air filter (OEM or K&N Panel?), Swirl Flap Blanks, EGR delete and Remap.
The car feels like it needs some TLC so what are people's opinion on a transmission oil change? Whilst the car's in the garage I'm also going for a 4 wheel Hunter alignment & tracting, probably a wheel bearing and a new droplink.

Can anybody tell me the correct transmission oil I can use from Eurocarparts? Would anybody recommend a diff oil change?

Thanks in advance.