320D
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    5 Speed Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Estate

Thanks
    Hi everyone,

name is Jon and i am currently living in Nurnberg Germany. I just acquired a e46 320D Estate and i just want to make sure i keep this car in tip top condition. It currently has some problems. One of them is the fact that i believe it needs to be deflapped. The problem is that no dealer will do that for me and because of the language barrier, its extremely tough to find someone that will touch it. Second problem is that the Air Bag light on the dash board is lit. I know i have to get the code but was wondering if anyone has suggestions on commons problems in regards to this fault that i can check on my own . Third is that i need to get some new disc rotors for this car as the wheel shakes when i break. Thanks for the help and by the way this is a great site for information. I have learned quite a lot.... thanks so much!

Jon

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Bmw320d se's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Steptronic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    without getting the codes read it would be difficult to tell why the airbag light is on, but the most common problem is the passenger seat occupancy sensor. you can order a bypass kit on ebay:

PLUGnPLAY BMW OCCUPANCY MAT SENSOR AIRBAG BYPASS UNIT E46E36E38E39E60E65M3M5Z3X5 | eBay

if you plan on doing any work on the car yourself it would probably be worthwhile getting a usb to obd ii diagnostics lead also to use with inpa:

BMW EDIABAS INPA Cable Diagnostics Interface OBD2 to USB | eBay

good luck
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!