BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

American Dude in Germany

442 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Bmw320d se 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

name is Jon and i am currently living in Nurnberg Germany. I just acquired a e46 320D Estate and i just want to make sure i keep this car in tip top condition. It currently has some problems. One of them is the fact that i believe it needs to be deflapped. The problem is that no dealer will do that for me and because of the language barrier, its extremely tough to find someone that will touch it. Second problem is that the Air Bag light on the dash board is lit. I know i have to get the code but was wondering if anyone has suggestions on commons problems in regards to this fault that i can check on my own . Third is that i need to get some new disc rotors for this car as the wheel shakes when i break. Thanks for the help and by the way this is a great site for information. I have learned quite a lot.... thanks so much!:)

Jon

#2 ·
without getting the codes read it would be difficult to tell why the airbag light is on, but the most common problem is the passenger seat occupancy sensor. you can order a bypass kit on ebay:

PLUGnPLAY BMW OCCUPANCY MAT SENSOR AIRBAG BYPASS UNIT E46E36E38E39E60E65M3M5Z3X5 | eBay

if you plan on doing any work on the car yourself it would probably be worthwhile getting a usb to obd ii diagnostics lead also to use with inpa:

BMW EDIABAS INPA Cable Diagnostics Interface OBD2 to USB | eBay

good luck :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.