Aloha. Looking for a nice 760.. but can't find ads.

Notices

Thread: Aloha. Looking for a nice 760.. but can't find ads.

Reply to Thread
  1. Aloha. Looking for a nice 760.. but can't find ads. 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    mizoo's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    WRX
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hello everyone. Although I am new here I've been to BMW world for some time. Started with E38 730i, ran a E39 540i for some time and had a great pleasure of owning a E60 M5 either.
    I am actually looking for a pre-FL 760i(L) in Silver. I googled for BMW forums and I found this one hoping to find member's ads. After reviewing the forums in here I could not find a correct subforum or information if this is hidden. Could someone help me out with that?

EDIT: Just found it, but I can see only 2 cars posted over there... am I in the right place?
    http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f141/

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    BMWNICK's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    That is the right section.
    You might have more luck on autotrader/pistonheads/ebay for a 760 as there aren't many of those about, simple reason being fuel. Although from your fleet I can see consuming as much fuel as possible is something you enjoy doing, that has to be respected as clearly your enjoyment comes far before being frugal!

Good luck in your hunt for a V12!

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    mizoo's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    WRX
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    You understand my position very well BMWNICK. Cars always meant to me much more than just a device for moving from point A to B. I am trying to maximise the please of driving them around by choosing the right ones. ;-) It got me into some financial problems here and then, but I can't do much about it.

There are not many 760's around indeed, perhaps due to a deterring V12 badge and the fuel consumption, which is a consequence of that. I am, however, a little bit surprised. As far as I can see, by looking at numbers on specifications, this is not such a big case when comparing 760 to a 745. A mere difference of 4 MPG in average fuel consumption, V12 instead of V8, probably better equipment factory equipment (if I am correct) and, of course, acceleration, make me choose 760 over the other.
    On the other hand, service costs will be probably higher for 760.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    BMWNICK's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    I fully agree, unfortunately I am still at uni and I am only 22, so my 325 will have to do for now. Also my insurance would like me to have something more 'intermediate' before going for M cars. I always looked at the insurance groups like a 'score' on a game, the goal is to reach group 20! Ultimately an E61 M5 touring would be sitting on my drive, I like the fact it is a huge estate which sprints to 60 in under 5 and will hang with more exotic cars (sound like them too).

V12 is the ultimate in luxury in a 7. With regards to MPG, I am getting 22 mpg around London. A neighbour has an E55 AMG and he is getting 18mpg. Ultimately it will take a certain amount of fuel to move 1.8t at 30mph so this is probably why there is a small difference. 745 and 760 are both thirsty, it is not a 760 blue motion.
    I doubt servicing cost differences will be too different, especially when you look at the fuel/tax/insurance/tyres etc. It is all high end vehicle costs.

I hope you find one soon.