Advise please on poor spray job!

Notices

Thread: Advise please on poor spray job!

Reply to Thread
  1. Advise please on poor spray job! 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Star34's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    I have a 2001 530 I hit the front end of my car and as a result the bumper needing replacing so I decided to replace both bumpers with the sport ones to enhance the cars looks, however we I arrive at the bodyshop today the rear bumper is a totally different colour to the rest of my car which is a dark grey and now has an almost light blue rear bumper fitted along with the lip spolier, the front bumper has not been fitted yet so can't comment on this, yet!! I spoke to the guy who claims its impossible to match due to paint and that the rear of the car will need blending I explained I want the bumper the same colour as the car not the car the same colour as the bumper if had wanted a blue car I would have brought one!! I have already paid £480 for this service and he wants another £100 for fitting, has anyone had this happen to them as not sure what to do next

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    lee_h's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318 ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Images
    Thanks
    Tell him to do it again, I would straight away if it looks shite, my mate has a rover and it's white with a slight tint of blue, he had his bonnet sprayed and they painted it bright white, he then told them it is not the same colour do re-do it and they did.

I wouldn't pay if it's not right

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    bikesforme's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i individual convertible
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertible
    Thanks
    If the paint is sprayed at the wrong psi, it can lighten or darken the shade depending which psi sprayed. If its a proper paint sprayers they should have chosen the rigfht paint code and paint system which will have the info on what psi to use. I used ici paints which were very good many years ago, i can not see how grey can go blue unless they got paint code wrong or not mixed the colour up wrong.I would not pay for a job the wrong shade, you are paying for a service and clearly they have not provide that. I would ask them to put it right or you will be taking further action, dont let the cowboys get away.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    ShaunC86's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Advice - Trading Standards Institute

Here is a link that should help you out, they have contact details and consumer rights. Should give you enough ammo to get them to sort out the paint job.

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    p41n3's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    535d M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Images
    Thanks
    i think you said you have already Paid £480, first off when (and why?) did you pay that?? if it was upfront there is your first mistake, when you pay for stuff upfront garages are unlikely to want to help when they already have your money
    but Law states if you didnt get what you paid for the sale is Void, tell him to Re-do the paint job at specification and at his cost then i would be happy to pay the £100 fitting fee if not ...... tell him the £100 is going towards a small claims court and take the vehicle away

2005 BMW 535D - DPF Removed, 330Bhp+ Remap with DPF Delete, 19" Wheels, Custom Audio

Past:
    2009 Vauxhall Corsa Blue 292Bhp - Miltek Turbo Back Exhaust & De-Cat, injetors + Astra Fuel Rail, Arrow Forged Pistons & Rods, Diablas Flow Master, 3" Maf, Iveco Daily 2.9 Diesel Intercooler, Samco Blue Hoses - Contemplating
    2001 Wrx Sti RWD! 440Bhp - 650 injectors, Full Magnex, Fuel Pressure Regulator, Front Mount Intercooler, Piggy Back ECU, 2 x 300 Shot Nos with Full Throttle Integraton - SOLD