Model of Car:
    '09 Focus ST and '97 323i Coupe
    Year of Manufacture:
    2009 and 1997
    Transmission Type:
    Car Body Type:
    Ford Hatchback and BMW Coupe

Near North London
    Hi all and thanks for checking out my thread!

As of this afternoon i've just put the deposit on a 1997 323i Coupe! Very excited about collecting it tomorrow and settling into some BMW driving

We've got a ford focus st3 '09 as the main driver but needed a second car. (i'm going be communting from London to Bradford with work regularly through Autumn and Spring 2010/2011) so been on the hunt for a 3 series.

Prime reason being that i've always liked a rwd setup but having had a series of FWD cars comprising of: Xr3i, 205GTI, Golf V5 prior to the focus, daily motoring has been mainly concentrated on front end control! My previous RWD experience came from 3 'unique' models of car: 2 x Vauhaul Chevette, 1.6 Capri MOT write off and a Ford Sierra 2.0 GLS. All of which are great fun in their own way. My brother has a newish 335i and had an M3 prior and i'd enjoyed driving them so starting looking for a cheapish but clean E36.

This one has had 2 owners from new, 112k, nearly full BMW SH, new MOT with tax running out next week. In Metallic Blue with blue cloth interior, tires ok and Dunlop all round, no mods, elec sun roof, elec mirrors, elec windows, lights, fan all working, body work clean with a few parking dinks and a being of scratch swirl on the bonnet. It does have a Niksil engine but checked with Coopers Thames Ditton which serviced it from new from 1997 to 2006 and all the emissions are fine. No smoke on start up and starts with a few turns...!
    Panasonic head unit with boot disc changer, spare unused and toolkit/ hazard triangle in place. No water leaks i can see. Coopers also said it had been in for a steering recall and had bits of body work tidied up over the years.

So hopefully its straight enough, paid £1350

Planning on using it up and down the motorway till Spring 2011 then do slight mods to have a few track days. Aim being to leave it looking as standard as possible but loose some weight and ensure the engine is fit enough - with suspension to match (it has the M Sport suspension as a base)

Thanks for all the comments on here, i've used lots of threads to build up knowledge on potenital problems (water ingress, nikasil), which model to go for (320 vs 323/325) and what mods might be suitable (m50 manifold, 325 exhaust)

will try and get some pics up soon, but for now here is the garage ad link:

will post some questions once i've got her home! cheers,

2. Remove Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    kumala's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Car Body Type:

Hi tps23 and welcome to the forum !
    nice looking car im sure you will have lots of fun ,i also have a 323 with a nikasil engine and it runs like a dream and long may it continue !

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Joe9087's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320ci M-Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Car Body Type:
    Thanked 2,700 Times in 2,156 Posts
    Welcome to the forum.

Car looks excellent