Model of Car:
    330d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Just recently got myself a 03 plate 330d and well chuffed with it apart from a small oil leak which is gonna cost me a few hundred to get sorted but otherwise, well happy!

Recently repainted the whole car too, ( I'm a painter by trade ) not much wrong with the bodywork but decided to just as I wanted it to look like new.

Actually only other thing is the fuel Eco, currently running at about 24 mpg at the moment so I will be asking about that in other parts of this forum. So yeah, that's me

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    D300's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330d Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Images
    Thanks
    Hi, I am new to the forum also. I have an E46 330d too, and just want to recommend a few things:
    Firstly, the swirl flaps, if not already, should be removed; these can break off and cause damage to your engine.
    Next is the Crankcase Breather/Oil Separator. Some engines are fitted with a 'loo-roll' type foam filter, which can become clogged and can also cause engine damage. You should look to change this to the 'vortex' type, if it has not been done already.

They're the main things to get done urgently. With the fuel economy being so low, I would check the actual running temperature of the car once warm; this can be done through the OBC (guide can be found on the site). If this is low when the temperature indicator is at 12o'clock, you may wish to change the EGR Thermostat.

If you start receiving intermittent fault lights from the rear lights, there is a problem with the earthing, so I would look for a fix guide before this happens.

Other than that, you should have a great car