Model of Car:
    320 CI auto
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible

Thanks
    Hi. Has anyone had this issue, I have a 2000 320 auto 67k on the clock regularly serviced and suddenly it cut out. But I noticed a few days before it sounded rough like the exhaust was noisy and had something wrong with it. I had that looked at and it was fine and passed an MOT. It cut out again right across a busy road with my 5 yr old in the car so I was quite scared after that. I never let the fuel run down and use same petrol station and pump, very OCD I know so didn't think it was fuel. It will suddenly, when warm, feel like its in 4th gear when trying to accelerate. No lights on dash or anything. Only light I get it the oil level sensor that pops on when I first start, I have a very tiny oil leak but was told its a big job by sytner and just keep eye on it. Can't remember what seal it was. Apparently common. Anyway, I have had camshaft and crankshaft sensors. A new wiring harness" plugs and coils. It went to a rolling road and they came up with fuel rail pressure code throttle position sensor code and airflow. My sons dad has a garage and said it was bs and took the car back, fitten the items ive just listed, drove it two days and when I got it back it started again a day later. I daren't go back and say its the same. He didn't charge me for any of the parts etc. my friend had an old daewoo that did it and she was told it was a speedo drive that caused it, I thought your gearbox was knackered if things like that went with it being sealed.? If I stop and re start engine it goes for a bit. If I cont to drive it feeling like there is a blockage will I damage engine? It feels like something is stuck then dissapeared. It's weird. It's like I'm driving a 1.1 when I pull off and with it sounding ropey it's worrying me about driving. I'm a little bit skins this month and next to take to the main dealer but the EM light hasn't come on so didn't think the would be any codes in ECU to read? Also weirdly, since having new items my Car took a sec or two extra to start, almost like it didn't. No noise on starter moron though so hoping its not a knock on affect. Headache or what. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. I did ad fuel filter fitted about 3 years ago at main dealer. It's long life. Maybe that, thanks for reading.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Lisafh's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320 CI auto
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible

Thanks
    Yeyyy. Think it's sorted, had cam shaft sensors replaced, both inlet and outlet and crankshaft sensors and wiring harness. Seems to be working fine, we shall see in a few hundred miles, the garage did put on a non BMW sensor but if it keeps as it is I will replace the outlet sensor with a genuine part, the outlet sensor I think that's the one made my car go really noisy and like it was blocked. Fingers crossed its now mended......