Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertible

Thanks
    Hi all!,
    Brand new to this site. Ive long wanted a e36 convertible and i have the chance to get one for around £800. Its lovely condition now but once was a cat c now fully repaired. Should i steer clear i think its good value but worried about once being a write off...thoughts........thanks: jaw-dropping

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    VARSITY's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Hi, welcome to the forum. The converible top can be expensive to repair if needed. And they can show deterioration if not garaged., only you can tell. Any convertible body will flex more than coupe or salonn type, so listen out for groans. A Y reg one I looked at had rust at top of wheel arch. What size motor, mileage. The six cylinders seem long lasting. As for cat C, who knows. Years ago research was carried out at Thatcham on car repairs, people were almost queuing up to buy their finished cars, if it is done well no problem. I would want to investigate who did the repair
    318 ci manual 2003

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    nikicurd's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertible

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VARSITY View Post
    Hi, welcome to the forum. The converible top can be expensive to repair if needed. And they can show deterioration if not garaged., only you can tell. Any convertible body will flex more than coupe or salonn type, so listen out for groans. A Y reg one I looked at had rust at top of wheel arch. What size motor, mileage. The six cylinders seem long lasting. As for cat C, who knows. Years ago research was carried out at Thatcham on car repairs, people were almost queuing up to buy their finished cars, if it is done well no problem. I would want to investigate who did the repair
    Thanks for reply Varsity much apreciated!
    Its a 318 in lovely condition. Damage was just front wing and bumper, all repaired now. Is it a good buy around £800 do you think?
    Thanks Nik

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    VARSITY's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    A local auction house occasionaly has cars for sale, ok it's a recycling depot ASM, not all cars go for auction, Yreg coupe £1,100 1800cc, rusty wing tatty , W reg 325 coupe, 110000 miles nice body, £1,100 ,and a 1.9 diesel 02 reg for £1,900. We bought our 2.5 xtype jag sport 02 there , £2,750 18months ago. If you are happy with the way it looks, check out mileage, check it's age. The W reg one above had our local garage mechanic looking at it, does that help at all, too many unknowns really to judge from here. With summer coming it's not going down in price. Front wing and bumper.. no problem, but does it have a new wheel and tyre on that corner, new suspension? If it has been done well no problem, have you checked insurance for a convertible?, private sale, or warranty from garage(would doubt it). So we have £1,000 cars I don't like, You have £800 car you do like, plus in good condition, plus converible. I can't tell you to buy it....perhaps you could tell me where it is, my wife might like it. From here..sounds better than our local cars.
    318 ci manual 2003