2005 E87 120D _ I am new here and wonder about DPF Cleaning process.

Thread: 2005 E87 120D _ I am new here and wonder about DPF Cleaning process.

Reply to Thread
  1. 2005 E87 120D _ I am new here and wonder about DPF Cleaning process. 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    martial's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Car Body Type:

Hello There,

I am new here. I have a 2004/5 E87 120d with 78000miles for only 2 1/2 months. it is serviced as we speak and it will be very very expensive but it looks like it has been neglected. Classic case of service book signed but the car wasn't really maintained properly as I've experienced with error codes ..
    So it will have glow plugs, MAF sensor, brake disks/pads, rear shock asb, engine oil, oil filter, levels, new brake fluid, new coolant fluid, all air filters. air con.. £2000 worth ...ggr. hoping that the car will be well and healthy and more importantly NO CODES, no problem. No misfiring in the morning!

what I want to now is what can I do to do prevention and fuel economy with the Particulate filter DPF.. I am concerned about it. the car was a little neglected, driven fast on motorway and evidence of a lot of urban drive too. given that it has 78000miles. I would want to think ahead regarding the DPF if it isn't already a present issue?!

I think I can't use a tin of JLM DPF cleaner in the fuel tank on this model but why and what alternative do I have?
    Also can added fluid of that sort damage the engine? or is it well recommended these days?
    any insight and knowledge on the subject will be welcomed particularly on the 120d E87 model.. many thanks
    Last edited by martial; 17-08-2012 at 12:35.