2004 E46 330CD SPORT - Newbie sayin HELLO and Please advise??

Thread: 2004 E46 330CD SPORT - Newbie sayin HELLO and Please advise??

Reply to Thread
  1. 2004 E46 330CD SPORT - Newbie sayin HELLO and Please advise?? 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    andytaylor9991's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330CD M Sport 204bhp
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Car Body Type:
    Aberdeenshire, Scotland
    Hey folks,

Bought my baby back in February this year, wanted it so bad for so many years! So I eventually took the plunge after smasking my bike last year, thought I'd stick to 4 wheels for a while at least!

Anyway, I have been delighted with the car, just love it... but... I couldn't help noticing a small drop in power lately (Maybe I'm just getting used to it!). Also, my MPG seems lower than most of you guys, I mainly drive on B roads and get around 34mpg (29mpg flooring it) but even a 300+ mile round trip on motorways only saw 38mpg... I understand it's a three litre lump but why are other folks getting better?

So that's how I ended up here.. and what a wealth of info there is too!

If you could suggest anything else please do... but here's my plan.... so far!

Oil Change,
    Vortex type oil breather
    Oil, Air, Pollen and Fuel filter replacement
    EGR valve disconnect (And clean anyway while i'm there)
    Clean Intake Manifold while it's off and replace seals
    Swirl Flap blanks (I know I didn't need to buy them now, after paying for them! Lol!)

Then the remap... but, kinda worried about having too much torque on the drivetrain now after reading some posts... is there a safe figure to increase to?
    Not really too fussed with body work, I love the car the way it is, although pretty gutted I don't have angel eye's but looking into that right now.. Already got rid of the daft looking yellow lights next to HID's... WTF!

Anyway, cheers for the advice I already picked up, appreciate it.. Just if there's anything else you can suggest, let me know!

Last edited by andytaylor9991; 12-01-2014 at 22:30.