M3 I wish!
    Year of Manufacture:
    Brand New
    Transmission Type:
    Flippy Paddle
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible
    Thanks
    thanks again for the welcome and I'm sure I'll be around for a while to come as I've got a few more questions to ask in the future

Quote Originally Posted by StK View Post
    Hi MackemX,Welcome to Bimmerforums.co.uk........

Sweet cars,pity the first one was a write off but liking the 2nd one
    I've got various pics on phones & PC I can't seem to find but here's a few I did find. It's a better quality pic of my old 328i when it was the cleanest it ever was just a few weeks before the write off. I wasn't keen on the Angel eyes as too much chrome but it's the best I could do at the time.

I could have bought it back for £1000 from insurance but declined as I didn't realise it was worth more breaking the bits plus at that specific time didn't think I'd ever get another one. It was in Autotrader the next week for £2500! It could be back on the road for all I know although the front chassis legs were bent. I kept a few things from it to sell (still got blue hard top which is on my purple car now) but I wish I'd kept things like the front splitter on which my current car doesn't have!

here's another couple when it was dazzling in the sunshine in the distance and then close up

roll on summer '10

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Ultra Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    MackemX's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3 I wish!
    Year of Manufacture:
    Brand New
    Transmission Type:
    Flippy Paddle
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible
    Thanks
    it still looked OK from the back though I didn't like Alpina badge previous owner had on, I never bothered to take it off as I prefer de-badged like my current car. Some may not like my rear lights I'd had in for less than a week (now on current car) but I like to get away from standard and these were a different set of smoked lights I hadn't seen before

although I was ultimately to blame for too much power too soon, it was a combination of wet road on sunny day (roof down) along with rear wheel hitting the very worn and shiny drain hole cover (since replaced) that sent me spinning off a roundabout when turning right. I was lucky as seconds after I pulled the car away and the top of the lamp post came crashing down with an almighty boom! If it wasn't for the lamp post I would have ended up in a ditch and probably flipped so I was lucky in some way and looking back it was a blessing in disguise as I'm actually better off for it in some strange way!

the front end was twisted to the left and looked terrible without front bumper

Ultra Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    MackemX's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3 I wish!
    Year of Manufacture:
    Brand New
    Transmission Type:
    Flippy Paddle
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible
    Thanks
    pic alert

a couple more pics of car in early days (winter 2007) when I got hold of a spoiler in primer. I haven't put it on and it's still in the garage waiting to be sold on ebay 2 years later like a lot of other BMW stuff! I've got 4 sets of wheels for my car, the 16" multispoke I got with car, 17" Alpina's from my old car, 17" X5 Alloys and my favourite the 18" Antera 5 spokes

I've currently got the original 16" wheels on as I'm respraying the wheels silver again (black at the moment). Looking at this pic again I like the way the 18" Antera rims sit low as I've got some lowering springs on. It's only got a few mm's to spare on the arch so I can't go any wider than 235's

notice the blue hard top from my old car on it. I haven't bothered respraying as chances are someone will have a blue car rather than purple. The interior is now black as I'm not really a fan of light interiors as they are just to hard to maintain (my champagne interior is yet another thing I need to sell)

just found another pic when I was getting lowered springs put on and you can see the blue in the paint due to the light from the flash but it does have various colours depending on the light

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12