BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

From 0 to 2 BMW's in a week

756 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  pangster 
#1 ·
Hi All

I'm Chris from Sutton, Surrey

Last week we sold my girlfriends VW Golf so she could upgrade it to a newer one and I suggested she bought a 3 series BMW, after test driving a few we settled on a 2001 X Reg 318i SE

Yesterday I sold my 4.6L Range Rover as the girlfriend refused to drive it saying it was too big, and because the petrol costs were becoming unbearable and bought a 2000 BMW 728i with all the extra's

So we are now a 2 BMW family in a week. I usually do all my maintenance myself so am sure I will be a regular here.

Ive already posted a few threads and got help fitting an aftermarket headunit with flipout screen and satnav and bluetooth to the 318.

I still have a few issues to deal with her 318, namely the coolant level light on the dash staying on even thought the level seems correct and the central locking not opening the passenger front door, and prob a full service , including the autobox so we know where we are starting from.

I also have two things on the 728 to deal with, the red airbag light is always on and I have a double din headunit with dvd/satnav/bluetooth/freeview/ipod etc that I would like to fit if I can buy/make a facia panel for the 7 series.

I'm sure I'll be asking for help and advice when doing the above, and in time will be able to help others.

Regards

Chris

See less See more
#7 ·
welcome to the forum! :D

the coolant light is probably the coolant sensor.. not sure about he airbag on the 7 - but I'd get it fixed pronto as whilst the light is illuminated the airbags are disabled.. you could try resetting it and see if it comes on again? - also check the looms under the seats as these can sometimes come unplugged from over zealous hoover cleaning sessions..

:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.