[VIDEOS]Hello from Bournemouth (help on drifting mods)

Notices

Thread: [VIDEOS]Hello from Bournemouth (help on drifting mods)

Reply to Thread
  1. [VIDEOS]Hello from Bournemouth (help on drifting mods) 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Madgreasemonkey's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323 E46
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    MT
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hey guys, just signed up wanted to say howdy, My name's Craig and i'm a mechanic running an MOT centre in Bournemouth, I own an E46 323 and I love it! I've owned it for a few years now and no other car drives as nice IMO, i get the chance to drive lots of different cars in my line of work but i always prefer jumping back into my E46
    Me and a friend also have one we share for Drifting (which is amazing fun and i highly recommend it to everyone) and its this that brings me to your forum, I'm looking for help and advice on modifications regarding power gains and increased steering angle modifications, Ive seen a few bolt on supercharger kits for E46 but wondered if that was the best route to take and so far i've had no luck finding any steering angle mods, any advice and help would be much appreciated.
    Thought I'd post a couple of our drifting vids too

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    schwarz82's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    01'330ci / 04'530i / 03'330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    hi mate, you are doing good. I've got few mates they do street drift in EU.
    What mods.have you done already?
    I might help with suspension...defo you need hard quality suspension as coils H&R on koni shocks or good KIT as Bilsten B8 on H&R springs. 4 x strut braces, power flex joints.
    That makes massive difference what i know.
    My mates use wide split rims but dont know what's best.
    Get rid of interior and reduce weight.
    Have you got LSD, cage... ?
    There is G-Force supercharger in US, but must to change clutch, brakes, cooling system...forget pistons and more
    Best and cheaper would be e30 swap with M62B40 4.4 V8
    PM me, would love to help you with coils and rims.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Madgreasemonkey's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323 E46
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    MT
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Thanks mate, this car is our first drift car so started with small budget lol, we got koni shocks on the rear, dropped all round with 60mm lowering springs from an E36 (had to mount front coils upside down on original front struts to make em fit but it works and saved us some pennies lol) and a strut brace on the rear.
    we've got adjustable lower arms fitted to rear for adjusting camber and we've welded the diff. We've built our own cage in it and still need to add the bars coming down the front pillars, car is all stripped out with bucket seats and harnesses for safety.
    All we've done so far for more power is cut the headlamp in half and pipe the filter out the front through the gap (we found engine bay was getting way too hot and losing power, wanted the cold air to get to intake, made a nice difference)
    We've been running this set up for over a year now and we are now looking for more power and more angle, we've got another one we're building and our aim is to get them both to a competitive level so we can start entering some events, hopefully
    Last edited by Madgreasemonkey; 18-02-2013 at 00:05.