323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    touring
    Thanks
    hey all.
    had a great bit of service and luck last week from Chandlers BMW near Worthing.
    i had booked my car in to have the front wishbone bushes replaced. they offer a 60% discount on labour as my car is 12years old...my local indy garage charges £45 so at £5 more it made sense to book with BMW...genuine parts, proper tools and a 2yr gaurantee.
    they called me late afternoon with a problem that needed clarification.. 'was it the front trailing arm bushes or the front wishbone bushes you booked in for sir?'
    i told them and he thanked me for clearing up the confusion and told me he'd call back when the job was completed.
    30 min later he called saying there had been a mix up and they had replaced the trailing arm bushes, broken the tool whilst doing so and would i mind keeping the courtesey car over night as they wouldnt be able to complete the work on mine!
    he also explained as it was their mix up i wouldnt have to pay any extra than what i'd been quoted...bonus...the trailing arm bushes were totally shot but i couldn't afford to have everything done at once
    so when i finally went to collect my car it had been washed and vacuumed, had front wishbone bushes, front trailing arm bushes (rear of car) and all the wheel alighnment done (which was also in need of doing) and it all cost me £105
    hope someone else gets this luck...
    aside from that, they really did a great job and looked after me...i'll be going back there again

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yetibmw For This Useful Post:

Gabriel (25-02-2010),steviebabes (02-02-2010)

3. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    dazza316i's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i compact
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    hatchback
    Thanks
    i got my sideskirt fitting kit and other bits from chandlers for £9 approx 30 clips on ebay each clip sells for £2 i have had great service from them as well but not quite as lucky as you

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    yetibmw's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    touring
    Thanks
    well once again the guys at chandlers have done me proud.
    car collected from my house today as im not able to drive at the moment. went in for a new radiator and an oil service. called me today all work completed, they also did a full series of safety checks and informed that both front ball joints are slightly worn, (one was replaced for mot last year, i might add that mot was total pants, but thats another story). also they noticed front offside brake caliper had been binding, not constantly but every now and then. this was disassembled and cleaned and greased where neccesary and refitted, told me they think they have caught it in good time and i should'nt experience any further problems. i had noticed some pulling on braking but very slight and not frequent...i had put this down to worn bushes.
    they also noted a crack in the offside rear coilover...again not major but in need of replacement sooner rather than later. nothing else of note so i have peace of mind. normally i would do servicing myself, but since the car is relatively new to me i wanted to get it properly checked out. i will fit the new coilovers myself but possiby get chandlers to do the balljoints as they wil fit the pair for £90 all in.
    they have let me keep the old rad too, washed and vaccumed the car.
    all the above cost £412...not bad for 2years warranty on labour and parts, especially considering my local indy wanted £270 just for the rad which was a pattern part, not a bmw rad, and i'd have to take the car to them.
    if i had done the oil service with genuine parts it would have cost me about £80...give or take.
    all in all i cant fault them so far so recommend them highly.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to yetibmw For This Useful Post:

Gabriel (25-02-2010)

7. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Gabriel's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Really glad I've found this! How weird is this...

My local is also Worthing and I need exactly the same thing as you had done... New front bushes. If you payed £105 for all of that I'm definitely calling them in the morning.

Thanks for the info!

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    yetibmw's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    touring
    Thanks
    like i said, as my car is 12years old i get a 60% discount on labour. as your car is a lot newer you wont get the same discount. id still recommend them though!