Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Soooo as im not toooo keen on paying that very fair price from BMW
    i have been getting some more realistic quotes

A few people on here have said they had a good service from

http://www.cragoautorepairs.co.uk/

So gave them a ring and they have come back with a shocking price of £60.

They also said they will be using the Bmw coolant, although im sure if i heard the guy say that the stuff was green and not sure if this is correct or not.

Anyway its booked in for the 11th October and i will be sure to report back to tell you how they were.
    Last edited by bishop; 21-09-2010 at 16:37. Reason: Coz i never listened at school

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    sam_c's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325ti
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact
    Thanks
    Good stuff mate. That sounds far more reasonable, although I think BMW coolant is blue (all the stuff that I have bought from the stealers has been blue).

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    ericbass's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330D M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Very sad!

I used to go to the Coventry BMW dealer (Godfrey Hall)- they were helpful people, and I got the special 4+ rates for parts and servicing. Then they were bought by Sytner Group. No more help or 4+.

My E36 came from Sytner Leicester - it took me a while to work them out! I once took the car in for front ball joints and on my drive home the car was still clunking at the front. I took it in to my dad's workshop and found old rusty ball joints! Went back to the dealer and they changed them, saying that all their work was "guaranteed" for 12 months!

But, the biggest joke was the guy who came out of the workshop with a concerned look on his face to tell me my front discs were "very worn". I asked him to tell me what the minimum thickness of the discs should be. He went away for 20 minutes and, when he came back, said he would need to contact technical services for that information and that I would get a special discount for disc replacement, since the "wheels were already off"!! So, I offered to show him where to find the minimum thickness (stamped on the outer edge) of the discs I had personally replaced a week earlier!

Amusingly, I've seen this routine going on a few times in the service waiting area whilst waiting for parts. I'm always delighted to explain to the poor, unsuspecting clients what might save them several hundred pounds!

Incidentally, my car has been stranded in a German carpark for 3 weeks with an alarm/immobiliser problem. I've fixed it now, by removing the alarm. However, after 4 phone calls to Sytner and 4 promises of an email or call back with technical information - I never heard anything from them. Get the picture!?

That's my rant over!

Cheers
    Eric

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

6. Hi 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    James_alex's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Hi...

I think this is very good that you replaced your coolant at such economical range. I must that this car is fabulous. The engine efficiency is very high and it is a powerful engine. I love this car and if I ever earn this much money that I can afford this car then I will definitely buy this car.

Thanks..

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    bishop's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d xdrive m sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Well had the coolant changed at http://www.cragoautorepairs.co.uk/ and i must say ritchie seemed a very nice guy and seemed to know what he was talking about.

Grand total was £62.16 and that was using the genuine bmw coolant so happy days

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    4wheeldriver's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M 135i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Sport auto
    Car Body Type:
    sport hatch
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_c View Post
    But the one closest to me is very good (rubiish sales service, but awesome after sales!).
    Why is it dealers seem to be good at one thing then crap at another?? Why can't they all just put it all together and get it ALL spot on??
    M135i, prof nav, adaptive suspension, 8 speed sport auto, heated memory seats, comfort access, Harman Kardon, voice control, USB interface etc etc pocket rocket

535d m-sport in Platinum Grey, black dakota, sport auto, sun protection glass, media pack, spoiler, voice control, lane departure warning.

X5 3.0sd 20s Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Logic 7, Panoramic Sunroof, Reversing Camera, Rear DVD, Programmable Park Heat, Tow Pack - GONE and will be missed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12