525D (E39)
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring
    Thanks
    Sib,
    spoke with the dealer (well say speak I mean e-mail) who after the intitial Swiss Tony reply, accepted that as I had purchased the car on the way he had described it (110% right) and the warranty company was a little hesitant to say the least, he is going to send me down a new bearing assembly and will contact the warranty company himself to try and get it resolved.
    This isn't a poke at the dealer btw. I now have to find someone to do the job. St Clear's isn't that far but the thought of a Punto? Do they have buses in St Clears?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Sib
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Sib's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316ti SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact

Thanks
    Yea, they have busses, just search either the Carmarthenshire Council's website (http://www.carmarthenshire.gov.uk/en...imetables.aspx) or Arriva's, if they operate in the area... The garage also have an R reg 323 or 325, (/whatever) which is a lot nicer, but it wasn't available when I needed a courtesy car...

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Gweilch's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    525D (E39)
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring
    Thanks
    Here is the good news.................. The front offside wheel bearing has been replaced and I now drive an E39 which is as whisper quiet as I should have expected.

I mentioned Bryn Motor Workshops in a previous post. I didn't return there as after a thouroughly in depth scientific road test, see above, the guy diagnosed a collapsed front nearside wheelbearing. Even after a request to check the offside he confirmed that he should know and it is the front nearside.
    As above, it was the front offside, confirmed by a mechanic who I can trust and by him elevating the car and spinning the wheels, the front offside was like a millstone to hear.
    So as the car is under a non BM warranty and they wont pay BM main dealer labour rates, I asked my trusted mech to recommend someone which he did. The garage which just completed the job is Harry Phillips Peugeot, Llanelli, Dyfed.
    Booked in at short notice and no quibbles. I delivered the car at 9:30am, they did all the ringing around with the warranty company and parts and kept in touch and it was ready at 3pm. They fully explained all the work and the car drove like it should have.
    They are friendly, helpful and knowledgable. Their facilites are great ( I guess Peugeot expect their main dealers to deliver on service like any others) and their workshops looked as if they treated their customers like their tools; valued and looked after!
    Thanks Harry Phillips Peugeot...... I will be back.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234