330 CI
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible

Thanks
    Hi guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster here hoping someone might be able to help recommend (or is) a garage that could help with door related problems on my 330ci. I live in Herne Hill, London so looking for garages that are not too far from here (ie willing to travel up to 20 miles)

Basically the driver side actuator is not working properly (had the GM5 module tested to rule that out) and I sourced a replacement part on ebay (link below). Unfortunately the garages I have called so far will not replace it for me as they (understandably) worry that I would blame them should the part fail - regardless of my re-assurances.

I'm not that afraid to do the work myself, but live in a flat and so don't have access to a Garage space with artificial lighting (sounds like this job needs it!).

If anyone here can recommend anyone to do this work for me that would be great. Otherwise I'm looking at buying a second (brand new) actuator....

Whilst this has been going on, the passenger side door handle will no longer open the door (after some reading I've concluded the cable tie has broken) so need that looked at too

Best,
    G

BMW E46 318CI COUPE CONVERTIBLE O/S RIGHT DRIVER SIDE DOOR LOCK 51217011248 | eBay

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    GaryCab06's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330 CI
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible

Thanks
    HeY,

Just thought i'd provide an update if anyone else was interested or experiences a similar issue in the future. I took my car to a local garage in Penge (TGA) I've been going to on and off for the last ten Years (trusted). They were happy to take on the job but struggled to remove the bolts holding the window in place and were not confident they wouldn't damage the window trying to unscrew the bolts so put it all back together at no cost.

I've now been in contact with BM Sport in Bexleyheath where I've booked it in and are also happy to use the replacement part I sourced.

I'll let you know if all goes well, but as BM Sport already come recommended on this site I have every faith.

Best,
    G